Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posters with tear off for name and phone numbers

Options
  • 16-12-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have posters printed for a local service I am providing. I want to have a tearaway so people can take my number with them.

Is there any stationery specific for this job? I don't want to do an amatuer job - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I guess you could get it printed up with perforated paper but you would probably just be better off doing it yourself with a pair of scissors and just making sure you are as neat as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can buy a tool to add perforations to paper - getting it printed to a specific size of paper etc might be expensive/hassle. You just run this tool across the paper to add the perforations yourself - some of them look like a pizza cutter. That and a ruler and you can do it yourself easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It would cost a lot to get a printer to do them - better off adding the cuts yourself later with scissors.

If you do use posters like this, always tear the first strip off yourself when you put the poster up - no one wants to take the first one.

But if your customer base is even vaguely smartphone savvy, expect that most will take a picture rather than a teaf-off strip ... especially if you put something on the poster to encourage them to do that. This is cheaper for you, and better PR when they share the pic with their friends. I don't know of any research into the conversion rates of tear-strips vs photos-of-posters, though. (Personally I would convert better with the photo, but I'm not a normal consumer :-) )

I would definitely fall in that same category if I took a slip of paper like that then I doubt I would ever find it again if I see something like that I always take a picture to save for later. If you are putting these in a supermarket or something I would imagine people would be more interested in just having a quick grab and go option instead of trying to take their phone out while dealing with a load of shopping at the same time.

This is probably the sort of thing you need not sure where might have them if you are in Dublin then try KM Evans or a crafts suppliers if not in Dublin I doubt you will find somewhere stocking something so niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jimmii wrote: »
    I would definitely fall in that same category if I took a slip of paper like that then I doubt I would ever find it again if I see something like that I always take a picture to save for later.

True. A techy alternative might be a prominent QR code that people can take a picture of. The advantage of this is that you can store pretty much anything you want as a code. Contact details, link to website, description of service, price lists, etc.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    True. A techy alternative might be a prominent QR code that people can take a picture of. The advantage of this is that you can store pretty much anything you want as a code. Contact details, link to website, description of service, price lists, etc.

Used to work in mobile industry and QR codes were a huge fail most people assumed they were a bar code of some sort and those that did recognise them just couldn't be bothered to scan them even when they were incentivised to do so. One thing it would do is make it look more tech savvy to those aware of them even if they didn't use them and would give an impression of being more professional etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Cool, thanks for the very useful replies. I will put the posters up as is for now and see how it goes, They are professionally done so it may be worthwhile to just give them a try as is.

I was driving through town a while ago and there didn't seem to many windows with service advertisements etc.
    I was thinking of putting them up in supermarkets, newsagents and a local family centre. What other places should I look into for notice boards and the like?

Thanks.

euser1984 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the very useful replies. I will put the posters up as is for now and see how it goes, They are professionally done so it may be worthwhile to just give them a try as is.

I was driving through town a while ago and there didn't seem to many windows with service advertisements etc.
    I was thinking of putting them up in supermarkets, newsagents and a local family centre. What other places should I look into for notice boards and the like?

Thanks.

Bars often seem to have them too and thats a place you're more likely to have them seen a few times it typically takes a person to see something 3 times to remember something like that so if they walk past it a few times while getting the pints in or going to the toilet they are more likely to remember it when they need what you are providing! Gyms & Leisure centres often have noticeboards too. Depending on what the service is you might want to be a little selective so you are more likely to be reaching your target market especially if you have had them printed up and only have a limited number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks.

It completely depends on the service you are offering? - you have a target market, you want to put posters in front of those people, putting them up anywhere else is a waste of time and resources. Personally if I saw a poster in bar I expect it to be entertainment related, a pub quiz, a band that are playing. I wouldn't expect to see a poster of someone offering plumbing or web design etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Families and concerned parents I suppose....although it can apply to anyone with a computer.

It's geared towards identity theft and credit card fraud prevention for your computer. The notice board in our garda station is full :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You may be pushing uphill with supermarkets and convenience stores, unless ones in your town have decided to buck the rules and put posters up any - most don't allow it.

Library.
    Churches.
    Schools (if you have any contacts there)
    Hospitals
    Staff cafeteria of big employers (if you have contacts there who can place them for you)
    Bookshops (if they have noticeboards)
    Cafes (some)
    Doctor / physio / other health professional waiting rooms (if you have contacts or can spin a line to make it health related).
    Early childhood centres / pre-schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

They are professionally done

If they were done in a printers then they should be able to run a perf across the bottom, then you can nip with a scissors. No great expense. Worth saying to them on your second batch, artwork might need adjusting tho.

Advertisement