Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 recently crashing alot

• 16-12-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Phone is crashing alot since iOS 8. Im right up to date with 8.1.2 since last night.

I dont think its a battery issue, battery has not diminished at all since ive owned it.
    Its not eligible for the battery replacement programe either.

Today its crashed/restarted 5 times already, this is certainly the worst its ever been.

It restarts/crashes mostly when idle but sometimes freezes during use & then crashes.

Ive done several hard resets but not a full restore yet.

Any ideas or has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

any new apps installed ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

any new apps installed ?

Ya i have new ones installed. I'll try going back & deleting any new ones to see if it makes a difference.

(Phone stalled & crashed during this reply too btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

So it's a week since my OP & while I took the advice from a poster above on deleting recent apps (about 8 in total) it made the phone less crashy & laggy but didn't solve the issue completely.

So last night I took all my photos off the phone & did a complete wipe & restored as new.
    And it has a made a world of difference.
    The speed of the phone now is like its brand new again.
    It's a 64gb iPhone 5 & it was pretty top heavy with photos (thousands) spotify playlists (15gb+) and a lot of unused apps.
    Recently I was finding my phone would go dead during the night despite 25-35% battery remaining so I can't recommend a full new restore as a first option enough.

Advertisement