Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first touch phone for father

Options
  • 16-12-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

It's going to be my father's first touch phone, he has also never even used a tablet so its going to be a totally new experience.

I'm thinking the Motorola moto e, seems like a good phone to start off on plus its only a few euro to get unlocked if needed.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Throw a few extra spondoolicks at the Moto G - it's just all round better than the Moto E (the deal-breaker for me personally is a front-facing camera for skype). They are also easy to unlock and are less prone to lag than the Moto E and should keep his interest more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Del007

Isn't th moto g twice as expensive though? 80 euro as opposed to 160 for moto g?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Yes it is. It will also allow you to do *all* of the basics you would want/expect from a smartphone: the Moto E I think had too many cuts made to make it worthwhile. The lack of a camera flash for one and I do not believe it will have the same level of use as a Moto G due to its lower level of utility.

These are all-round remarks though - if himself doesn't need to skype or take pics in poor light you're good to go with the Moto E.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think given what it will be used for the E will be sufficient. Although, in a years time I can see him wanting an upgrade!

I mean for starters I would reckon, it'll mostly be messaging apps, and such that he is using. And you could get him onto news apps etc and see if he likes the idea. It is a significant jump to the G, and in most cases I would say it would be worth it. But in this one, I would guess that the E would be sufficient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Del007

Thanks lads, I'm going to go with the Moto E. The moto g would be totally wasted on him

• Advertisement
Advertisement