Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lambchop to play 'Nixon' in full @ NCH

Options
  • 16-12-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

Just seen this now - play on February 1st. My favourite album of theirs, stunningly good live band, great venue. What's not like? Saw them play the Olympia a few years back upon the release of 'Is A Woman' and they were terrific.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Missed it myself. Heard the sound was pretty bad?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Missed it myself. Heard the sound was pretty bad?

For the first two songs it was awful, but they got it right eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ormus wrote: »
    For the first two songs it was awful, but they got it right eventually.

First four at least. Couldn't hear Kurt's guitar for any of those. Thought they were hugely under par for most of Nixon then came alive for the encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Really enjoyed it.

The sound was a bit muted but they don't play loud anyway. Nice to see William Tyler on guitar. I don't think he's played with them the last few times I've seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

When they got it right it was spine-tingling!
    First few songs very muted

mosstin wrote: »
    First four at least. Couldn't hear Kurt's guitar for any of those. Thought they were hugely under par for most of Nixon then came alive for the encore.

Up with the Crowd is track 4 on the album, I thought it sounded perfect, they nailed it from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ormus wrote: »
    Up with the Crowd is track 4 on the album, I thought it sounded perfect, they nailed it from there on.

Up With People?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Up With People?

Yes, cmon you knew what I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

Excellent gig with really relaxed feel. Thought the band judged it perfectly and tempo picked up as the night went on. Sound was fine throughout imo, just that Kurt barely hit guitar strings and mumbled lyrics during first few tracks. Great backing band with star quality in Tony Crow and William Tyler.

Setlist from what i remember...

1-10 Nixon album tracks in order (beautiful reinterpretation of The Butcher Boy)
    11 Give Me Your Love (Love Song)
    12 My Face Your Ass
    13 We Never Argue
    14 Gone Tomorrow
    15 Young Americans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Glad I didn't go. Sounds like a zzzzzzzz night similar to Vicar Street last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Glad I didn't go. Sounds like a zzzzzzzz night similar to Vicar Street last summer

It was far from boring. Some sound issues early on but a bloody good gig overall. The encores were wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Ally Dick wrote: »

Completely different to their last Vicar Street gig. Better setlist, bigger band, much more of an up tempo gig. Quite similar to their early shows in Ireland.

Advertisement