Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duck eggs dublin?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey everyone

Just wondering has anyone seen duck eggs in the shops? Wanted to get them for my friend who loves them as a present but have yet to see them appear... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

tHB

If you can't get them in the city - Paddy Byrne sells them from his stall at Skerries Mills Market every Saturday. You can also buy direct from the farm during the week. It is 100m from the gates of Ardgillan Castle between Skerries & Balbriggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Marks and spencers sells them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The butchers on Manor St. in Stoneybatter have them regularly enough I think. Can't remember seeing them at the moment but I've bought them there before.

Also Fallon & Byrne might have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

The Oriental Emporium at Jervis had them last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pobb

I've seen them in Evergreen on Wexford Street.

• Advertisement

Duck eggs as a Christmas present!
    That's new!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Donnybrook Fair or Fallon & Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd go with what The Hill Billy says, I'd rather give the few quid to a producer than rip off merchants like Donnybrook fair or F&B's

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

There's an indian type shop at the lidl end of Moore street. Think I seen them there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

uch wrote: »
    I'd go with what The Hill Billy says, I'd rather give the few quid to a producer than rip off merchants like Donnybrook fair or F&B's

Its possible for everyone to trek across the city to farmers markets. I have no problem paying premiums at farmers market, but generally the quality of the food doesnt reflect the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 chrissym

Thanks everyone!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

hfallada wrote: »
    Its possible for everyone to trek across the city to farmers markets. I have no problem paying premiums at farmers market, but generally the quality of the food doesnt reflect the price.

It's Duck eggs, can you get Premium one's ?

21/25

Advertisement