Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz filling station Blacklion

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

astrofluff wrote: »
    I watch my MPGs and from filling up at Esso I would have spotted problems. They would have been a regular fill up point for me only that they haven't been competitive on price as Esso in Kilmac recently.

Yes Esso in Kilmac is very competitive buy my Diesel there, might not be the case when its turned into a Topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Only found out today that the tesco petrol vouchers that you get with shopping receipt apply in esso, rathdown rd. Nice ! Used it this evening. Thought had to go to tesco Dundrum SS. But No !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sasso wrote: »
    Only found out today that the tesco petrol vouchers that you get with shopping receipt apply in esso, rathdown rd. Nice ! Used it this evening. Thought had to go to tesco Dundrum SS. But No !

How much of a discount does it entitle you to?

I was out for a spin on my bike today and was pleasantly surprised to see these prices in Applegreen in Rathnew:

Applegreen, Main Street, Rathnew
    130.8c Petrol
    120.8c Diesel

I did a quick check on Pumps.ie when I got home and was disappointed (but not surprised) to see that ripoff Ireland is alive and well in Greystones :(

Esso, Rathdown Road, Greystones
    139.9c Petrol 2014-12-22
    130.9c Diesel 2014-12-22

Topaz, Church Road, Greystones
    136.9c Petrol 2014-12-22
    130.9c Diesel 2014-12-22

Lowest proces in Co. Wicklow:
    Apple green, Wexford Road Arklow
    129.8c per liter of Petrol 2014-12-29
    119.8c per liter of Diesel 2014-12-29

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

A bit out of date.

Diesel was 125.9 at Esso, Rathdown Road, Greystones this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

And petrol was 134.9 in Blacklion and 130.9 at Esso on N11

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

markest wrote: »
    A bit out of date.

Diesel was 125.9 at Esso, Rathdown Road, Greystones this morning.

Good, it is going by in the right direction.
    However it still has a good bit to go before it equals Rathnew.

Why can't Greystones be the cheapest in Wicklow, just once ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Petrol is 129.9 at Tesco Dundrum - I had a 10c off per litre voucher so that made it 119.9. It was like going back in time to the relatively recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Diesel is 116.9 in Ballsbridge and Bray at the top of Southern Cross

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Great news, thanks!

I will definitely fill up there tomorrow.
    I refuse to pay Greystones diesel prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I think that is a Topaz station so cannot understand the difference in Greystones Topaz stations.
    Only one explanation .....monopoly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

While we're here, how come occasionally when I fill up the fuel tank is full but the gauge is only at the 3/4 point? I didn't really think anything of it until I read about differing fuel qualities here and wondered is it something to do with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Don't think so. Actually I'd be fairly certain not.

More likely its your fuel sender that's a bit dicky.

zanador wrote: »
    While we're here, how come occasionally when I fill up the fuel tank is full but the gauge is only at the 3/4 point? I didn't really think anything of it until I read about differing fuel qualities here and wondered is it something to do with that?

The fuel gauge can not measure fuel quality. It is most likley just an inaccurate gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

A friend of mine was telling me that his father was filling his car with diesel in The Scalp, when he noticed that no fuel was flowing through the nozzle despite the pump meter still ticking along. He even took the nozzle out of the car and the clock continued to tick along. He was not charged for whatever he got. Maybe something similar happened to you.

I've filled up in Tesco using the 10c vouchers and the Esso Greystones using the Tesco vouchers and I've found I get about 100 miles less out of a full tank than if I fill up in the Scalp. It's good stuff if you can get it out of the pump!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

That place in Ballsbridge Diesel only station, isn't the best used it numerous times and the same result Diesel seems to dissapear rapidly and its not in my head drove home and KM's of fuel dropping rapidly, this doesnt happen at any other station.

Advertisement