Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with internet please help!!!

• 16-12-2014 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

With upc horizon and I swear I am about to throw either my wifi box out the window or the ps4. For the last week I am consistantly getting error codes after error codes as everything is timing me out.

Its the fastest internet i can get but having been able to download over 20gb games in less than 10 mins on steam but I cant connect to ps4 through wifi half times ?

What a waste of money to pay for online i cannot even use :mad:

Someone please help me !!!:(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

To start with, google the error codes - see if they give you some info.
    Buy home plugs and never use wifi again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to second F1ngers on that richie.
    Get a decent set of powerline homeplugs, one end connected via ethernet to your modem and another plug connected to your PS4.

Wifi is just too flaky. Wired in you should see significant improvements in speed of downloads as well as online games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Why does he need ethernet over power? Just connect the PS4 to the router directly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

drumswan wrote: »
    Why does he need ethernet over power? Just connect the PS4 to the router directly.

Says he is using wifi, it would suggest he is not close enough to connect directly to it.

I can't, but works a treat with the power plugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Funny enough I got both ps4 and xbox one plugged on to same home plug. It gets barely 25mbit on ps4 and xbox one 60mbit out off same homeplug.
    Ps4 wifi is just plain horrible. Op, try to get homeplug if you can't connect directly to router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

With upc horizon and I swear I am about to throw either my wifi box out the window or the ps4. For the last week I am consistantly getting error codes after error codes as everything is timing me out.

Its the fastest internet i can get but having been able to download over 20gb games in less than 10 mins on steam but I cant connect to ps4 through wifi half times ?

What a waste of money to pay for online i cannot even use :mad:

Someone please help me !!!:(

Im in the same situation with upc and the horizon box but mines wired directly and still kbs speeds really frustrating paying for 200mb .
    on the ps4 internet test it says something about ip package fragmentation. Looks like ill be on the blower with upc tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I think im experiencing the same issue, did you get on to UPC to see if they could resolve?

Advertisement