Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you happy this week?

• 16-12-2014 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Lot of negativity these days on boards and generally life can be grueling at times.

But anything really brighten up your week or what made your day?

Could be something simple or earth shattering.

For me, was cleaning out the wardrobe, giving away some old clothes and jackets, found 50Euro in a pocket I had somehow completely forgotten about. This will be used for the Christmas madness at the weekend :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've never found life grueling, even on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'm off all this week.
    Got back to the gym.
    My best mate who now lives abroad is coming home for Christmas tomorrow.
    I had a deadly hot chocolate today.

So far so good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Chocolate from Aldi has made me suspiciously happy this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Finding out my healthcare will cover my wisdom tooth extraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Seeing my boyfriends reaction when he felt our baby kick properly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Irish Water ninininini Enda Kenny nininininini where's my nama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Knowing all week that Christmas hols are Friday! Woop woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Free food at work
    Random compliments
    Lovely email from my Dad
    Youtube video of a dog losing his sh1t over a pineapple
    Mojitos
    Nachos
    Spooning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Reading the trivial things that make me happy thread.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got offered a new job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am off today and for the next 2 days, before Xmas madness at work. Can't get more happy then that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm getting married on Thursday. My parents are flying in to vegas today to be there and it's my daughters 3rd birthday tomorrow. Busy week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Skiing and beer.

Someone did some thing incredibly kind for me. I got very emotional because of it. The gesture took me completely by surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Could be getting masters funded by job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Life festival announcement with Mr Squarepusher and a host of others, as well a recent announcements for Electric Picnic, roll on the fecking summer.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

a bro friend had moved into a dive of a flat after being made homeless without much warning a while back, his mother had been diagnosed with dementia and was placed in residential care around about the same time and all things given he's had a bit of a tough time of it so I wanted to make sure he had a christmas tree this year and picked up a few other bits to make his place a little more homely. A swift trip through pennys later and his gaff is now a fluffy cushion filled, curtain lined, sparkly christmassy tree coloured den. His little face, so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

pharmaton wrote: »
    a bro friend had moved into a dive of a flat after being made homeless without much warning a while back, his mother had been diagnosed with dementia and was placed in residential care around about the same time and all things given he's had a bit of a tough time so I wanted to make sure he had a christmas tree this year and picked up a few other bits to make his place a little more homely. A swift trip through pennys later and his gaff is now a fluffy cushion filled, curtain lined, sparkly christmassy tree coloured den. His little face, so happy.
    That's beautiful!:)

You are a lovely person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Play to Kills wife is doing great and in the right direction. I dont know her, I don't know him but that's cheered me up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Offered a new job in sydney with a 20% rate increase and potential for a sponsored visa after 6 months!

Making my 9 year old sister a card on moonpig with loads of personalised photos. Some great memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I've been really happy this week actually! Even though on paper things are not good and little has changed but I feel so much different. Someone did show me a nice kindness this week too, basically they gave me an appointment for free as a christmas present. Just the fact that someone showed me some compassion, it means so much more to me than the monetary value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Got me hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Finally finished up and sent off some christmas gifts
    Went to Blade Runner and 2001 in the cinema
    Had a nice gigantic conversation with my brother for the first time in ages
    D'Angelo released a new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I took a shot at goal that was going wide but it bounced off my Brother's head, who was on the opposing team, and went in. It was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Finished first semester of college and have until mid January off !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Went to the pub for one pint at 10 as I won't have any now until the 25th (stupid work)

Home now full as a monkey and had a great laugh. There's no one drink like an Irish one drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I shouldn't have really been happy but a group of 70 didn't show up for a party in work on monday night. The pub brought in extra staff and spent a fortune on the food but I wss exhausted after a very busy weekend and was literally running on the reserve tank. I was secretly delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Have all the Xmas presents got for my wife and kid. Work is busy but going well, managed to pick up some extra cash over the last few weeks so I'll have some extra spends over the Xmas holidays which is rare.

Things are looking good for the new year as well, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Free chocolate this morning at the tube station :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

The fact that the nasty cold I had all of last week is finally on its way out the door.

My christmas decorations and baking (4 types of Germany christmas biscuits baked and stashed in tins, ready to be packed up as presents for friends)

Looking forward to time off over christmas and sitting on the sofa, stuffed to the gills and slightly tipsy watching rubbish TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Wife got out of hospital, where she's been for the last 2 weeks. Great to have her home for christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I emailed around the teams at work and told them i'm going to Smyths at lunch time to get toys for kids at christmas ( SVP giving tree ) and if they wanted to drop money up to me.. I got loads of money and was able to buy a massive amount of gifts for kids this year :D Team effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

During the year, holidays are taken if there's something on.. Trips abroad etc. But Christmas holidays, I get two weeks to do fück all. Bliss.

Tomorrow is my last day in work till the 5th.. Two glorious weeks of peppa pig, nappies, feeding ducks....

And if the planets align and the kids have their afternoon nap at the same time, a bit of daytime relations with my wife :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having my asos shopping delivered to work so it's
    A) a different delivery guy who isnt on first name terms with me
    B) my OH never needs to know, so it avoids those massive fights when he thinks I've been shopping again.

Happy happy happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Half way through a long haul 4th year in the part-time college degree
    Cadburys celebrations
    My Christmas tree
    Wrapping pressies while watching Santa Claus the movie
    Seeing all my friends this weekend

• Advertisement

Thing that made me happy today was , when my other half was broke down on the M50 earlier in the pi**ins of rain, despite hundreds of cars passing, one man in a Hiace van stopped and offered to help him.

A gentleman of the travelling community.
    He offered him a tow, push, or a lift.
    Decided to mention fact he was a traveller, because, usually all we hear is the bad.

Thanks very much Sir, if you are reading ,your offer was much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

i finished up work today abroad, seriously homesick so cant wait to fly home to the family tomro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Finishing my christmas exams today.

Genuinely never been as satisfied walking out of the room. Went perfect and home now for the hols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

the fact that this will not in anyway affect me...fair glad I deleted it before it shut down:D:D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/oh-no-bebo-is-bringing-your-old-photos-back-655151.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Running in the wind and rain a while ago. It was the nice kind of misty rain. I was stupidly happy, stopped and stood with my arms out, face up, embrace the rain! xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

End of year stuff. Usually encompassing lots of free food and drink. Gotta love the perks of the job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Got chatting to this gorgeous waitress that I chat to sometimes where she works, mostly small talk. I sort of know her through her sister who I went to primary school with. She added me on Facebook ages ago but I never chat on that with her.

Bumped into her yesterday in an Argos while both of us were out Christmas shopping, she was in the queue in front of me, was talking to her for about 10 minutes, trying not to stutter or drool...made my day though!

She messaged me later asking how I got on with my shopping, told her what I got, she told me what she got. She mentioned she got presents for her b/f.

I was like "Drat" in my head, but nicely messaged back "Oh cool looks like you have everyone spoiled"

Waaaaah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Got chatting to this gorgeous waitress that I chat to somethimes where she works, mostly small talk. I sort of know her through her sister who I went to primary school with. She added me on Facebook ages ago but I never chat on that with her.

Bumped into her yesterday in an Argos while both of us were out Christmas shopping, she was in the queue in front of me, was talking to her for about 10 minutes, trying not to stutter or drool...made my day though!

She messaged me later asking how I got on with my shopping, told her what I got, she told me what she got. She mentioned she got presents for her b/f.

I was like "Drat" in my head, but nicely messaged back "Oh cool looks like you have everyone spoiled"

Waaaaah!

Ah I love when gorgeous women get in contact with me for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Ah I love when gorgeous women get in contact with me for whatever reason.

Yeah it's great until the bubble is burst haha

When she messaged later on I was thinking "Oh man, would I be so lucky?" then contradicting myself thinking "F**k I wouldn't, big bowl of out of my league!"

Was messaging for a few minutes having a laugh and then she said she got her lucky fecker of a boyfriend a watch, aftershave and a book and other stuff for nieces and nephews.

Back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Liverpool actually won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

My younger brother got me a great Christmas present. We had a spending limit and he spent some of his own money to get it for me . It's an anatomically correct 3D model which you have to build ,from the shop tiger .
    He told me I can put it on my desk when I'm qualified. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

pharrel

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Had (having) a lovely Christmas with family and friends. Meeting all again at the football social tomorrow.

One of the girls in getting married on NYE and all the people I care about will be there so no trying to decide where to ring in the New Year!

Finally I'm getting my new car next week! I ordered it months ago and I can't wait!

Advertisement