Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new phone.. advice please..

Options
  • 16-12-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get a new phone and move on from my old nokia that I have about 10 years :eek:

I'd like a nice touchscreen, internet ect.. I like the look of those huawei but what would people reccommend?

I only wanna spend about 80 - 100 euro.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The sony experia m is a good phone, 4 inch screen, good battery life.
    99 euro in 3 shops,or carphone warehouse.i think the camera is 5mp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

sorry but i could not stand the sony xperia. i thought it was a piece of ****. kept freezing on me. i actually went back to the button phone, and I love it. Hate "smartphones". saying that, samsung s3mini isn't too bad (then brother has one)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

ANY SAMSUNG phone is good,
    carphone warehouse have a sale on some android phones 4-4.5 inch screens 90-99 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

You are better off sticking with Nokia and go for a low end windows phone.they perform much better than an android for a similar price.
    It doesn't have all the apps (hailo, snap chat, banking) but it works great in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The "low-end entry level" smartphone Nokia/Microsoft Lumia 635 is on
    sale 120 euros for vodaphone at CPW (it's cheaper on some other networks & places)
    Sounds like a good fit for you from what you describe

Lisa Gade reviews the Nokia Lumia 635, a very affordable Windows 8.1 smartphone. The Lumia 635 is remarkably inexpensive:he phone has a 4.5" IPS display running at 854 x 480 resolution and the quad core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 CPU with 512 megs RAM and 8 gigs of internal storage. The phone has a removable back and battery, a microSD card slot compatible with cards up to 128 gigs and a rear 5MP camera. Other features include 4G LTE, single band WiFi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 and a GPS
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Nokia-Lumia-635.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dublinercheese

For that price, I'd go for the Motorola X second gen or g which is a good entry level phone. You can probably get an iPhone 5S on contract for that price too. Pricing depends on provider and contract options. Buying the phone outright is going to be much more expensive.

Advertisement