Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rechargeable bluetooth speaker with decent bass

• 16-12-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I am looking for suggestions, hopefully you knowledgeable people can help me...

We just bought a 21" android tablet (http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=E2P18AA&opt=ABU&sel=TBL ) for the kitchen instead of a TV, so we can browse dínternet, look at moves/tv and listen to music/internet radio on it, its got a vesa mount so now it lives on the wall. We play music stored on SD/network/internet and while the speakers are ok for their size there is almost zero bass.

Ideally I would like a bluetooth speaker that could be charged from one of the tablets usb ports but that would also have some (or lots) of bass. Size is not an issue, we have a shelf below the tablet that it can rest on. I dont think we will be moving the bluetooth speaker all that much, but listening to it several times a day.

So are there any cheap usb chargeable bluetooth speakers with some guts? Or I suppose USB speakers that are android compatible would do....(running 4.2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Bose Soundlink. Incredible sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Try out the Bose Soundlink Mini or one of its larger brothers, the bass out of such a tiny speaker is something amazing! I was on the verge of buying one when I was reminded how good proper stereo separation sounds compared to a single unit. I don't think you'll get anything with great bass that can be charged from the USB port on a tablet, to get bass you need to move air and to move air requires more power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Cheers for the recommendation guys. We were not looking for hifi quality, but what we have definitely needs improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Denon Envya - Or Envya Mini

Far clearer than the Bose Sound-links , around the same price.

>Sol

Advertisement