Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose change machine

Options
  • 16-12-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know of anywhere there is a machine that allows you to exchange coins for notes near UCD, perhaps Ranelagh, Donnybrook, Stillorgan etc?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Most large(ish) Tesco store have them

Have a look here for nearest one

http://coinstar.ie/Default.aspx?TabId=628&language=en-IE

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

if you have an account with Bank Of Ireland, you can go to their branch on Baggot Street and use their change machine. you'll need to use your atm card and then lodge the money to your account. Bit of a pain but hey it's completely free!!! saved me about 30 euros last time!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Those coin machines charge a fortune. Might be worth popping into a shop see if they will change it for you. I would happily change coin to notes instead of paying the bank to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

bada_bing wrote: »
    if you have an account with Bank Of Ireland, you can go to their branch on Baggot Street and use their change machine. you'll need to use your atm card and then lodge the money to your account. Bit of a pain but hey it's completely free!!! saved me about 30 euros last time!! :)

Is it self service or do you go to a teller? Do the coins have to be sorted into domination?

it's mostly self service, you just dump the coins in the machine, no sorting required or anything like that. when the process is complete, you get a printout from the machine which you bring to the teller and the lodgement is completed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

On the advice of a similar thread here a while back, I stopped using those machines due to the amount they charge, and kept the coins for the auto teller machines at Tesco. Back of the net.

ror_74 wrote: »
    On the advice of a similar thread here a while back, I stopped using those machines due to the amount they charge, and kept the coins for the auto teller machines at Tesco. Back of the net.

are you referring to the machine in BOI? because i asked if there was a charge before using it and they said no, also the printout doesn't show a service charge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

bada_bing wrote: »
    are you referring to the machine in BOI? because i asked if there was a charge before using it and they said no, also the printout doesn't show a service charge either.

It was a coin machine in Tesco Jervis street, funnily enough. They had them at various stores, up until recently anyway, but charged about 9 or 10%.

I didn't realize the banks had them with no surcharge ? Even better.

Edit, I just read your post - only for BOI customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

The BOI machine definitely doesn't charge commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

AIB Dame Street accept change once counted and bagged (they also supply the bags). Its a pain but once you sort the coins weekly it quickly adds up. I am now giving serious thought to opening a small BOI a/c for this and other sundries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Isn't that what the self service tills in Tescos for ?

That's where all my loose change goes , no charge although you have to put up with ' unexpected item in bagging area '

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

AIB Dame Street accept change once counted and bagged (they also supply the bags). Its a pain but once you sort the coins weekly it quickly adds up. I am now giving serious thought to opening a small BOI a/c for this and other sundries.

BoI charge plenty in fees for current account etc although that can be minimised etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

theres a change machine in tescos in rathmines.Think its rate is 9.9%

Advertisement