Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 5c not charging - help!

• 17-12-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an iphone 5c and it seems to have stopped charging. I've tried 4 usb plugs, charging via the computer and 2 different wires. I bought a new iphone wire about a week ago and it was working grand until today. It seems to charge up to 4-5% and then it just dies after two or three minutes. I upgraded to the latest ios 8 software update today if that has anything to do with it?

Anyone any idea what could wrong? It's driving me mad. I tried clearing the port out with a tooth pick to remove dust and also tried to clean charger tip with an alcohol wipe and no luck. Its now stuck on a black screen with the battery outline with red lines inside the battery, it then charges up to 5% turns on for a minute and dies again.

Does it sound like the charging port has to be replaced? Any ideas?

Mugatuu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

It's probably dust stuck where you stick the charger into the iPhone. I had the same problem and just stuck a pin in it and scraped out the dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Tried that with a tooth pick then fine pin, still no luck!:confused:

Advertisement