Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co. Sligo/Rosses Point Upgrades

Options
  • 17-12-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

I was up at Co. Sligo on Monday, taking some shots of the changes being made to the course. Phase One has 11 holes being affected, with work now started on four holes (1, 2, 3, 5).

Photos are here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The changes look good so far. I was skeptical of the new tee on 5, but seeing it from that angle actually makes the hole look a lot tougher.

They didnt need to make the 2nd green any longer. They just needed to remove the bunker front left of the green (hate that bunker, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ally McIntosh

Kevin,

I popped in for an hour or two on Saturday as well. Was keen to see how the work was progressing.

Have a great Christmas. See you in the new year.

Ally

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭the anser

Haven't played it in about 3 years- the photos look great and remind me of what a great course it is.......deffo going back in 2015

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Played here yesterday, strong wind but not too bad, have to say it did not feel like a links course for quite a while, very little dune activity until the last few, reminded me more and more of the likes of Druids Heath, plenty of the holes could have been in any parkland....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement