Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turned off e mail notifications, still receiving.

Options
  • 17-12-2014 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

I turned off e mail notifications in the edit option but am still receiving e mails every time someone replies is a thread I posted in.

Am i missing something here?

Any help appreciated.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

yipeeeee wrote: »
    I turned off e mail notifications in the edit option but am still receiving e mails every time someone replies is a thread I posted in.

Am i missing something here?

Any help appreciated.

Unfollow the thread, Then hit follow, Window pops up and go to last option saying no email notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Unfollow the thread, Then hit follow, Window pops up and go to last option saying no email notifications.

Thanks for the reply.

Do I have to do this for each individual thread to stop them sending e mails ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Do I have to do this for each individual thread to stop them sending e mails ?

I think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I think so

Ok thanks again.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Once you change your notifications they are effective immediately but not for threads you have already followed/posted in previously.

To change these all at once click on Followed Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Select all threads that don't have 'None' under 'Notifications' and in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page select 'No email notification'. Don't forget to do this on all pages of followed threads or at least relativaly recent ones (if you follow a lot of threads, the list continues on page 2, 3 etc.).

That will be easier than doing one thread at a time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement