Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Surveillance

Options
  • 17-12-2014 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Can someone recommend a PC Surveillance for home PC, I want to be able see what emails my son is sending and also sites he is using etc,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Speaking as a parent you'd be better off being open with him and asking him to show you his email and let him know that you can check his history. Secret surveillance just removes any trust and there are always ways around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Orion wrote: »
    Speaking as a parent you'd be better off being open with him and asking him to show you his email and let him know that you can check his history. Secret surveillance just removes any trust and there are always ways around it.
    Appreciate where you are coming from but to many chances given so I need to go with what I think is right for my son and this is an option that I know has helped others.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oddly I can't find my thread in Parenting I did on how to set up monitoring.

There are a few programs that can be used.
    You can also use free OpenDNS family filters but if your son is a little tech savvy he can easily remove that.

But tbh, if you find something in an email and approach him with it he will just use another computer or his phone or something to continue.

Advertisement