Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured Swan - Portobello

• 17-12-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

As I was walking along the canal this morning in Portobello I noticed an injured Swan.

Just wondering if there is a group that looks after this sort of thing that should be contacted? Or should swans just be left were they are?

v5czFZg.jpg
    NpgQ1vX.jpg

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Have PM'd you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Is that near Charlemont? If so they are aware and trying to get it picked up -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hi Toulouse your pm never arrived.

Angeldaisy, I see they said ...

A swan has being spotted on the water near Charlemont along the lock there. Between Charlemont and Griffith College. Seems to have a significant bite mark at the back of his neck and has lost a lot of blood. It was also isolated from the rest of the swans.

Can anyone check this out for us ? We can give the swan medical and rehab attention but its too far for us to travel this morning. We would be grateful for any help. Please call 085 8141992. Thank you

Yeah this is the same swan. This morning s/he was sitting on the bank with other swans peacefully right beside the Dublin bikes portobello road station. Not to be confused with Portobello Harbour station.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I have no idea of where is where in Dublin :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Looks like the DSPCA picked it up - it's on their FB page. I'll admit I'm not a fan of swans as the ones we see in our park are pretty vicious but to leave an animal in that state is disgraceful - the owner of that dog could have made an anonymous report at least if they were worried about being held accountable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Not too fond of swans either. One savagely attacked one of my terriers in a local park. A lady with a big bag of bread decided to follow me around the pond. My terrier was only 6 mths old at the time but he responded in kind & I ended up having to rescue the swan & almost getting a black eye!.

Delighted this one got rescued though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Sadly, this swan had to be put to sleep in the end......injuries were too severe to save it.

Advertisement