Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being unreasonable?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ken79

I've never said they shouldn't be able to assert their rights. What I'm warning them about is that it may be more damaging in the long run. You seem to think we live in a perfect world. That's naive and worse is dangerous to the OP, they could get a blackened business reputation out of this but according to you - hey who cares, they are in the right.
    You think business people will care that I wouldn't let my landlord walk all over me?

I think it'll stand to me if anything because I'd rather people knew not to even try and pull a fast one than have them thinking I'm a soft touch. And if it's ever raised I can point to how I made sure not to ask anything that would break them when I could have taken them far more.

Remember, I'm being very kind here. Especially considering the attempted illegal eviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ken79

I have just put myself through the pain of reading the entire thread. I am left wondering why OP asked us any question, as he is apparently satisfied that he knows the answers, and is entirely reasonable.

The thread seems like a waste of time.

Sometimes you need to see what people are saying to be truly satisfied that you are acting in a reasonable manner and I've grown very comfortable with it having seen the replies.

A lot of people seem to care about the woman losing a house she doesn't even live in but have no concern for the fact that we'll potentially be homeless and that she's reneging on a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Stella11 wrote: »
    she only has to give you 42 days notice. that wouldnt matter to you though you just want to get what you can out of her when shes in such a bad situation.. pond scum have more of a moral compass than you.. i hope you can sleep at night..id say you sleep very well.. shylock

Jaysus,you actually haven't a clue what you are talking about!!!
    Firstly, the LL sue the OP?? Based on what? Any legal proceedings will have to go through the PRTB anyway
    42 days notice is for a Part 4 tenancy which it has been said time and time again this is not.
    Get your facts right before spouting ill informed rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Ken79 wrote: »
    You think business people will care that I wouldn't let my landlord walk all over me?

I think it'll stand to me if anything because I'd rather people knew not to even try and pull a fast one than have them thinking I'm a soft touch. And if it's ever raised I can point to how I made sure not to ask anything that would break them when I could have taken them far more.

Remember, I'm being very kind here. Especially considering the attempted illegal eviction.

Are you prepared to bet your business name on how hard a man you are, because the landlords friends will paint you in a negative light for this. No matter that it's legally correct you'll be seen as screwing people - remember you said you think the landlord is in trouble with the bank, well you'll be described as the person who cost the landlord the sale of the house which they needed to get them out of trouble with the bank.

The comment about being kind - you've had multiple posts telling you your anything but. If random people on an Internet site think this from YOUR description imagine what locals will think from the families talk.

I think you'll do more harm than good to your business and thus your family.

Another thought - if this story gets around the locality no landlord will want to rent to you - your "trouble" and you've already got a black mark in landlords eyes by having pets in an area by your own definition is very scarce on rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

Ken79 wrote:
    We can't build the houses and anyone who thinks I'm going to risk my wife and I being homeless when we never did anything wrong has never met me.

You would swear by some of the reactions on here that you have no legal right to the property at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Stella11 wrote: »
    she only has to give you 42 days notice. that wouldnt matter to you though you just want to get what you can out of her when shes in such a bad situation.. pond scum have more of a moral compass than you.. i hope you can sleep at night..id say you sleep very well.. shylock

Oh look, another person who does not realise that the landlord can legally just turf him out.

How many is that now since this thread started?

bren2002 wrote: »
    You can check the register online.

The register isn't trustworthy. OP - don't make legal decisions based on the register. Tenancies often aren't posted up there.

In fact don't trust threshold either. It's been proven in the past they didn't know the difference between fixed and part 4 tenancies. Double check everything your told against the residential tenancies act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Well. If you like the house, it suits your needs and in the right area - Why don't you buy it? Put in a counter-offer and see where it takes you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Well. If you like the house, it suits your needs and in the right area - Why don't you buy it? Put in a counter-offer and see where it takes you...

Now you're talking sense :)

BarryD wrote: »
    Now you're talking sense :)

But they'll need help from the landlord - who might not feel helpful towards them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I don't think the OP is being unreasonable anymore than I think bankers and developers were unreasonable in taking the bonuses and profits legally due to them, doesn't mean I wish the OP any luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

But they'll need help from the landlord - who might not feel helpful towards them

How would they need help from the landlord if they had the funds to purchase?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Locked pending review - don't expect this to be reopened tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement