Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslight Anthem - The Olympia - June 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Good spot!

It really annoys me that it's a Monday night, last time they played it Dublin it was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

any pre-sale codes for this??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

lc180 wrote: »
    Good spot!

It really annoys me that it's a Monday night, last time they played it Dublin it was the same.

It annoys me more that the tickets are just before Christmas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

What's the chances of this selling out fast? After AC/DC yesterday I wont be able to afford it until the new year at least

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think the two nights sold out last time so would expect another night to be added here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got my ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I'm half waiting for another night. I find the recent stuff just isn't as great, but they're fabulous live.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Got tickets. Hoping for another night too, their ability/willingness to change up the setlist makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Got a ticket for Christmas, so I'll be flying home for this :D Weird that it hasn't been announced by the band (it's listed in their tour dates on the website alright, but there was no big announcement on Facebook etc) - I almost missed it!
    fiddlechic wrote: »
    I'm half waiting for another night. I find the recent stuff just isn't as great, but they're fabulous live.

I saw em in Edinburgh last month - they played 5 off the new album and about 15 older ones, still worth going for!

Got a pair of tickets for the Olympia show. I ended up going to see them both nights they played here last time, they're definitely a great live band.

About the new record, after just a couple of listens;

I found myself thinking halfway through the first song that it was the "same old", but then then from song 2 onwards I noticed a distinct change in the songwriting, from a musical standpoint anyway. I love their old stuff, but for me 'Get Hurt' has the best of the old stuff mixed with some new territory for the band. Definitely looking forward to seeing these songs in the live setting next June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Absolutely devastated I won't be here for this. They're so, so good live. Hopefully they're doing an American tour sometime between June and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maplespuds

but there was no big announcement on Facebook etc) - I almost missed it!

Yeah, I follow them on fb but heard about it too late and all standing tickets gone now :/. Not sure if a seated ticket would be worth it for the trip to Dub on a Monday night. Really hope they have a second date but would it not have been announced already?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah shure ye will get one second hand closer to the time

Advertisement