Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVB on Baldini and Levy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It's good to get some clarity that he wasn't fired anyway.

If Levy promised to sign those players he's a fool. I very much doubt he promised anything other than to try to sign them.

We had no chance of getting Willian or Oscar once Chelsea were in for them.

Moutinho, who knows what happened. Seems like he kept asking for more and more money, until Levy had enough. His career has stalled anyway.

Leandro Damiao. Well we dodged a bullet there anyway. Doesn't get a sniff for Brazil anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I think he is telling the truth here and from my view its refreshing to hear what really goes on..

"It's unfortunate that Andre has felt the need to pass comments like these," a Spurs spokesperson told Press Association Sport.
    "Not only has he attempted to rewrite history, he has clearly forgotten the facts."
    Villas-Boas' claim that Modric's move to Real Madrid came as a shock are understood to have irked Tottenham, as has the way he portrayed Van der Vaart's return to Hamburg.
    The Portuguese is believed to have been key in the Holland international's departure, while the club deemed many of his targets as unrealistic acquisitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

he said she said bollox - typical Tottenham - too many cooks(cocks) again

I would be more inclined to believe AVB's version of events

he said she said bollox - typical Tottenham - too many cooks(cocks) again

I would be more inclined to believe AVB's version of events

It's AVB who did the interview. The club were happy enough to keep silent until then.

You didn't believe the club when they said he wasn't sacked either.

I'm sure you'll acknowledge that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I loved AVBs interview............

"WE IS US"........

Felt real proud with those 3 little words!

Ormus wrote: »
    It's AVB who did the interview. The club were happy enough to keep silent until then.

You didn't believe the club when they said he wasn't sacked either.

I'm sure you'll acknowledge that now.

can't see much difference being sacked or parting company by mutual concent - if he thought he should leave Spurs fine, but in reality he had no choice - the club (Levy) had decided he had to go.

can't see much difference being sacked or parting company by mutual concent - if he thought he should leave Spurs fine, but in reality he had no choice - the club (Levy) had decided he had to go.

So even though the man himself says he left because the club didn't secure the signings he wanted, you're saying there's not much difference between that and being sacked.

As someone said in the other thread, you are willing to argue that black is white.

mutual concent means both parties wanted the relationship to end

so Spurs (Levy) wanted him gone - if he didn't leave by mutual concent he would have been sacked. That's pretty much the same as a sacking to me - do you not agree ?

Happy Christmas by the way :)

mutual concent means both parties wanted the relationship to end

so Spurs (Levy) wanted him gone - if he didn't leave by mutual concent he would have been sacked. That's pretty much the same as a sacking to me - do you not agree ?

Happy Christmas by the way :)

Well by that logic mutual consent also means that he would have left even if Levy didn't want him to. And according to the man himself, he left because he didn't get the players he wanted. It's about a million miles away from a sacking.

Many happy returns to you too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Mutual consent is almost the legal term for a sacking these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

he wasn't sacked chaps, he wanted out because levy didn't get him the players he wanted (:eek:) and trigger happy levy wasn't happy with the performances he was getting out of the players. For once it would be nice if Levy gave got some of the players that a manger asks for and if he fails from there then fair enough. Im delighted that AVB spoke about the goings on behind the scenes as its a rare insight into a few facts about what we all expect from Levy.
    lets see if he forks out on a striker or 2 in jan or just his usual BS of squeezing a few more pounds into the 'plus' section of the spread sheet…
    saha/dempsey/fraizer campbell/booth etc… im not expecting much

he wasn't sacked chaps, he wanted out because levy didn't get him the players he wanted (:eek:) and trigger happy levy wasn't happy with the performances he was getting out of the players. For once it would be nice if Levy gave got some of the players that a manger asks for and if he fails from there then fair enough. Im delighted that AVB spoke about the goings on behind the scenes as its a rare insight into a few facts about what we all expect from Levy.
    lets see if he forks out on a striker or 2 in jan or just his usual BS of squeezing a few more pounds into the 'plus' section of the spread sheet…
    saha/dempsey/fraizer campbell/booth etc… im not expecting much

Bizarre attitude. Harry freely admitted that he got most of the players he wanted, and Harry signed a lot of players. Levy tried a different approach with AVB and it didn't work. But it's not like Spurs didn't try to sign Moutinho or Willian. They had Willian in the bag until Chelsea swiped him. You really think Leandro Damiao would have made AVB a success?

Advertisement