Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Tile Shop?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I've been left to PM a couple of renovations & having eventually found a really good tiler now have to find a good tile store?

I've been warned-off one large well known place on the Tuam road by all trades people for its practice of sending cheaper versions, seconds & short amounts to sites.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I'd let the tiler source tiles. They should know like...

But here are previous mentions and suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, I'd let the tiler source tiles. They should know like...

But here are previous mentions and suggestions.

Not allowed for subby's to source/inv as per cs.
    Most trades-people seem open to most suppilers once I stay away from Tuam Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Just collect the stuff from that store. I never had any problems with them and in fact I've always found them to be the cheapest for grout and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

... having eventually found a really good tiler now

I've used Rocca Tiles in the past and have had no problems. Relatively small loads and collected myself. Didn't do much shopping around, but they were the best on price of what I looked at.

Btw, I'll be needing a tiler myself early next year, for outdoor tiling work (1-2 days work probably). Would you be able to PM me the contact details for your tiler? Thanks.

Tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

There's mote than one tile shop on Tuam Road so you need to name and shame or preferably just name the good ones and punters will figure out which is a good one.

I bought tiles in Classic Tiles when I moved into my house nearly 10 years ago. Price was good and delivery was in time.

• Advertisement

tmh106 wrote: »
    I've used Rocca Tiles in the past and have had no problems. Relatively small loads and collected myself. Didn't do much shopping around, but they were the best on price of what I looked at.

Btw, I'll be needing a tiler myself early next year, for outdoor tiling work (1-2 days work probably). Would you be able to PM me the contact details for your tiler? Thanks.

Tmh

Ill pm you his no. he's full on till feb with us.
    If your looking for slip-rated outdoor tiles fella in malahide rd ind est in Dublin had them up to last week for half what rocca tiles were asking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If your looking for slip-rated outdoor tiles fella in malahide rd ind est in Dublin had them up to last week for half what rocca tiles were asking

Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Thanks, Feb would be fine, no rush on our job as long as we get it done before late spring/summer.

We already have the tiles. Got them at a ridiculously good price from Rocca as they were the end of a line and nobody else seemed to want them so they kept coming down in price over the summer.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

I tiles this summer and found Rocca a bit too strict, regarding returns etc. I bought from classic and found them much more customer friendly, no fuss over returns and a small issue over tile quality was sorted without hesitation. I'd go back to classic again but not Rocca.

buzz11 wrote: »
    I tiles this summer and found Rocca a bit too strict, regarding returns etc. I bought from classic and found them much more customer friendly, no fuss over returns and a small issue over tile quality was sorted without hesitation. I'd go back to classic again but not Rocca.

+1

Won't be dealing with Rocca again either

Found the guys at tubs and tiles & classic to be top notch

• Advertisement

Just collect the stuff from that store. I never had any problems with them and in fact I've always found them to be the cheapest for grout and the like.

What store?

tmh106 wrote: »
    Thanks, Feb would be fine, no rush on our job as long as we get it done before late spring/summer.

We already have the tiles. Got them at a ridiculously good price from Rocca as they were the end of a line and nobody else seemed to want them so they kept coming down in price over the summer.

tmh

Got quote from rocca today that was 500 more expensive than other supplier.
    And that was with rocca giving 50% off price in showroom for tender.
    If I walked in off street I'd have paid extra rocca extra 1500 per 39sy.
    Think I might just rent a small unit & get into the tile biz myself with some of the prices about Galway:)

Advertisement