Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jets TD yeeeaaahh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jets tie it up.

Cumberland may be one of the worst TEs in the league, buts his celebrations are top notch!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raf32 wrote: »
    49ers have to be trading up in the draft for one of them qbs this year.

This is a pretty silly suggestion to be honest. There isn't a better QB than Kaepernick in the draft I don't think, certainly not one worth trading up for.

That would be a complete panic move. All Kap needs is some good coaching, good offensive line play and a solid run game.

No reason he can't be very effective in the years to come.

Did you watch the game last night? I thought he was quite good to be honest, topped off by a 93 yard TD run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Pats Pash rush is non existent today. Smith could sit back and relax and pick anyone he wants to throw to. Rex Ryan might be doing a sh1t job overall but he does know how to give the Pats a hard time everytime we meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens don't deserve playoffs based on this. Horrific showing on offense so far. Is there any chance they might mix up plays a bit? Constantly in 3rd and long situations. Ugh.

Jets have 176 total yards and Pats have 52 at the half, just as we all expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Crazy end to the half in Chicago. Go for it on forth and once again a false start penalty forces us to punt only for the Lions receiver to touch a ball he seemed to be letting go, picked up by the Bears on the 11. Blitz and a short pass to Forte in for a TD. Bananas. I've liked Clausen pretty well in the half (missed out first drive but I don't think I missed much), and been impressed with Jeffery and Wilson receiving. Kyle Long being out is a problem because Suh isn't being bottled up. The Lions receivers are pressuring our secondary as expected, but our D line has been surprisingly good pressuring Stafford. I don't think we'll win or anything, but when the teardown happens, some jobs will be saved. Just hopefully not Trestman's. Or Tucker's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

This is Flacco's worst performance since last time away to the Texans.

• Advertisement

just watched the eagles game we where unlucky with a few of the roughing the passer calls (although they will always get called the way the league is) but more so with cody parkey missing the guys been money really didnt think hed miss the second and he missed by quite a bit.

none the less its clear this team is some way off yet still think they are better than dallas but that secondary is an absolute disaster until they can fix that there not going to make a whole lot of noise also its imperative foles works on his footwork in the off season i was high on sanchez but hes missing receivers on short throws its pretty poor even from an nfl backup if foles improves his footwork i think he can be a good nfl qb (better than this year but not as good as last year)

at this stage i feels it matters little even if by some miracle they make the playoffs there is no way in hell that secondary can stop any of the top qbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I haven't seen much of the Saints this year so can someone explain to me what has gone wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens can't run the ball and Flacco playing like a 4th string scrub

Just awful to watch

Brady's going to be having nightmares about Sheldon Richardson tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Bad Geno

Expect revenge for that during the next drive.

Excellent route by Jeffery for a touch down there.

It's the Lions, what else do you expect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

35 yds and 2 ints for Flacco into the 3rd. I could throw better than him today. He's having a mare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

It's Raiola & he's a plain scumbag. Did the same type of douchy thing in New England earlier on this year.
    The sooner he is out of here at the end of the season the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pretty serious injury for Phillip Rivers it seems:

B5Z4vMJIYAA6fHT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

How the Ravens are still in this game I don't know

EDIT: OMG wtf is Flacco doing?

That's a close one in New Orleans. I don't think you can see if graham got the ball breaks the goal line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Possibly the worst penalty I have ever seen in the Steelers game.

Possibly the worst penalty I have ever seen in the Steelers game.

What was it ?

• Advertisement

Epic choke job by the Lions today.
    Thank god it doesn't really matter, but if they play like this in Lambeau next week, they'll be murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

What a weird situation in the Pats/Jets game. Amendola looked short they measured it and it was barely an inch short. Refs didn't signal 1st down but gave it anyways. Then it was challenged and the Jets lost the challenge but defo was short. I was expecting Brady to keep it on 4th and barely an inch and boom it was a 1st down. Mad stuff by the refs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Steelers up by 12, in the redzone, a little under 5 mins left, Chiefs have one time out left... they pass it twice, run once. I have seen them do this in similar situations multiple times this season. Especially considering who they have in the backfield, can anyone explain this to me? Seems a little stupid, to be honest.

GB did something similar against the Bucs, the reasoning being to get Rodgers a TD since he had none otherwise this week or last. Still disagree with it even though we got the TD... but Datone Jones just got an interception to clinch us a playoff spot. :)

Fine in the post for Brian Cushing.

Launched a high tackle into Flacco's helmet

Which is unneccesary as Flacco couldn't hit water if he was standing on Shannonbridge :mad:

The Bears killing Clausen with drops

• Advertisement

Very unimpressive win for the Lions today.
    Lucky to get out with a win.

OBJ starting the impressive catches early tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What a catch by Beckham.

7-9 Falcons or the 7-8-1 Panthers will reach the playoffs after Week 17

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Very unimpressive win for the Lions today.
    Lucky to get out with a win.

Today I got to experience for a few hours what it's like to be a Bears fan.

It's wasn't good. :(

Impressive start from Eli & OBJ, nice penalty on the celebration, I wonder will Coughlin bench him??!!

Billy86 wrote: »
    Today I got to experience for a few hours what it's like to be a Bears fan.

It's wasn't good. :(

It wasn't always like this.

And also today was a good day.

spinning the ball gets you a flag?

There are receivers who do that after every first down

JJ Watt is just other-worldly.

The Ravens/Texans game, assuming the Texans can now run down the clock, had 52 incomplete passes in it. :eek:

Chargers now jump above the Ravens for a wild card spot after their comeback yesterday, I believe..

• Advertisement

What a crazy finish to a crazy game between the Vikings & Dolphins!!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    spinning the ball gets you a flag?

There are receivers who do that after every first down

Was it done at the the opposing player ? Or near them ? That's the difference apparently.

Come on Indy.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was it done at the the opposing player ? Or near them ? That's the difference apparently.

I'd say no-one with-in at least 3 yards of OBJ.

Screenshot2014-12-21at212748.png

still trying to figure out how this was called a 1st down! smh

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'd say no-one with-in at least 3 yards of OBJ.

That call in the colts is what my understanding of the unsportsmanlike call.

phatkev wrote: »
    Screenshot2014-12-21at212748.png

still trying to figure out how this was called a 1st down! smh

@MikePereira: For those upset w/#NEvsNYJ first down spot, the angle on TV was not down the line. If it was, you probably would have seen a first down.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @MikePereira: For those upset w/#NEvsNYJ first down spot, the angle on TV was not down the line. If it was, you probably would have seen a first down.

fcuk that!! I'm clinging to this and im not letting go till next week:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

TD for Cowboys v Colts.

Williams for Indy had a taunting call against them after a big play on the third down I think. Cowboys capitalised really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Good stuff from the Colts there

Advertisement