Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The punter gets to throw before Luck, sorry Eagles fans but this wont end too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Raf32 wrote: »
    The punter gets to throw before Luck, sorry Eagles fans but this wont end too good.

😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Please take Luck out of the game, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Colts now need to sit every starter until the playoffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dallas are so insanely up-and-down it's nuts... still, sticking a fiver on Colts to finish within 11 points (+10.5) at 5/1 for the craic.

Giants-Rams kicking off! Ejection time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

i will never understand throwing a punch at someone wearing a helmet?

2 Giants and a Ram ejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

colts finally gt a first down at 28-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

They said one of the kickers in that game gave someone a kick in the face too. This stuff seems to happen often in Rams games.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @MikePereira: For those upset w/#NEvsNYJ first down spot, the angle on TV was not down the line. If it was, you probably would have seen a first down.

Just seeing this now so all I have to go by is that picture, but even allowing for the angle I find it hard to believe that is a first.

Joyner (Rams), Parker (Giants) and one other guy for the Giants ejected. A bit gutless if I saw what I thought I saw, which was Beckham in the centre of it all from the get go, especially since he initiated another incident earlier in the game.

phatkev wrote: »
    i will never understand throwing a punch at someone wearing a helmet?

2 Giants and a Ram ejected

3 giants

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    This stuff seems to happen often in Rams games.

well their DC is Gregg Williams after all

3 giants

my bad only 2

Stupid from Luck to force that there, they really needed to get something (even a field goal) up before the half, that's interception number 15 and turnover number 1 for him for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just seeing this now so all I have to go by is that picture, but even allowing for the angle I find it hard to believe that is a first.

Joyner (Rams), Parker (Giants) and one other guy for the Giants ejected. A bit gutless if I saw what I thought I saw, which was Beckham in the centre of it all from the get go, especially since he initiated another incident earlier in the game.

You would probably want to take another look. Beckham was hit twice out of bounds and had a go at the Rams corner and then it all kicked off. The Rams are playing dirty and some players fell for it.

Jeff Fischer and Gregg Williams are the problem here.

still holding out hope for an insane luck comeback but cant see it looks like our seasons over :(

My God, Luck really has to work on those turnovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Just watchin the sky coverage. Jeff referred to "franchising" a player. What does that mean? Is it something to do with how much they're paid?

digzy wrote: »
    Just watchin the sky coverage. Jeff referred to "franchising" a player. What does that mean? Is it something to do with how much they're paid?
    when a players contract ends if they cant come to a deal with a team the team can franchise tag him (only one player per year per franchise) and he gets paid the average of the top 5 players in his position for the year.

HOW MANY F***ING TIMES CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY "COACH COUGHLIN"?!?!?!?

Just call him Tom, ffs!

Luck benched with 18 minutes left in the game, in comes 39 year old Matt Hasselbeck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

From all the reports seems like Coach Coughlin will be back next year, not terribly thrilled with the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Romo just passed Aikman as the all-time Cowboys leader in passing yards. It's been a bad year for all the Romo haters out there.

Get in you beauty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Romo now 32 TDs and 8 interceptions. Not a bad year for a man with a broken back.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Get in you beauty :)

lets just leave the Giants best WR open and see what happens for the craic

6 100 yard games this season & now 8 straight games with 90 or more yards.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Romo now 32 TDs and 8 interceptions. Not a bad year for a man with a broken back.

I'm more amazed he got injured with that beast o line

Some QBs obviously wear face paint under their eyes to make it harder for defenders to see where they are looking... I think Derek Carr is out and out wearing mascara?

EDIT: Right as I type this he is out injured, Schaub in. His first play was going to be a delay of game but they got the timeout called just in time. :o

lets just leave the Giants best WR open and see what happens for the craic

Might as well try that as covering him doesn't help!!

• Advertisement

OBJ is single handedly winning me my fantasy league

Cowboys have the best OLine in the league. Really good drafting the last few years. Tyron Smith is just a beast and Zach Martin should be a contender for ROTY.

really impressive year for the Cowboys considering that everybody we're predicting that the Eagles would decimate the NFC East this year. The Cowboys have surprised everybody.

I think Beckham has wrapped up offensive rookie of the year today to be honest (because linemen won't get it unfortunately, for Zack Martin of DAL and Corey Linsley of GB) - he missed a full quarter of the year, but he is still on 78 catches for 1,111 yards and 11 TDs (and counting) as well as of course the best catch in NFL history to hang his hat on.

glued wrote: »
    Cowboys have the best OLine in the league. Really good drafting the last few years. Tyron Smith is just a beast and Zach Martin should be a contender for ROTY.

really impressive year for the Cowboys considering that everybody we're predicting that the Eagles would decimate the NFC East this year. The Cowboys have surprised everybody.

im still more impressed with there d everyone knew the cowboys would put up points but i dont think anybody thought there d would be outside the bottom 3 in the league

glued wrote: »

Hardly anyone saw them doing as well as they have, but you really have to laugh at some of the paid professionals who were spending the summer saying they "just might go 0-16".

Hardly anyone saw them doing as well as they have, but you really have to laugh at some of the paid professionals who were spending the summer saying they "just might go 0-16".

Yeah I think the same people said that the Bucs would be great this season too.

• Advertisement

I honestly thought they would be terrible, their D looked worse on paper than last year & it was very hard to know how Romo would come back. Everyone involves deserves huge credit but everything (O&D) benefits from that O-Line.

With a great ground game to control games they could make waves in the playoffs

I think Beckham has wrapped up offensive rookie of the year today to be honest (because linemen won't get it unfortunately, for Zack Martin of DAL and Corey Linsley of GB) - he missed a full quarter of the year, but he is still on 78 catches for 1,111 yards and 11 TDs (and counting) as well as of course the best catch in NFL history to hang his hat on.

hes been one of the better wrs in the league in his rookie year cant remember saying that about anybody before looking now

the giants got obj, the cowboys got zack martin and then the eagles took a guy whos not played a snap in most games :mad:

hes been one of the better wrs in the league in his rookie year cant remember saying that about anybody before looking now

the giants got obj, the cowboys got zack martin and then the eagles took a guy whos not played a snap in most games :mad:

Was Smith not injured all year no? Ye also didn't fare too badly at WR getting Jordn Matthews. Both he & Jarvis Landry as 2nd round picks have been outstanding.

Was Smith not injured all year no? Ye also didn't fare too badly at WR getting Jordn Matthews. Both he & Jarvis Landry as 2nd round picks have been outstanding.

nope dont think he was injured at any stage just didnt play to be fair our outside backers played very well this year but he didnt even dress for a few games you really dont expect that from a first round pick. matthews looks really good but disapionting draft overall so far at least particularly when yereselves and the cowboys god absoloute studs in the 1st

Fins o-line taking care of business

https://vine.co/v/OXvrztudLiD

• Advertisement

Fins o-line taking care of business

https://vine.co/v/OXvrztudLiD

something something something willie beaman

I honestly thought they would be terrible, their D looked worse on paper than last year & it was very hard to know how Romo would come back. Everyone involves deserves huge credit but everything (O&D) benefits from that O-Line.

If Seattle win tonight, Dallas will more than likely host Arizona in the wild card, which would be very winnable. I don't like their chances at either Green Bay or Detroit though after that, but one can hope!

It's got to be the best rookie season for a WR since Randy Moss (before I was watching) to be honest.

I was sssooo relieved when the Saints took their pick in the draft since a lot of rumours had picked up about you guys looking to trade for for Haha, who was the #1 guy I wanted in the whole draft (realistically for where we were picking, of course).

I didn't think they would be anywhere near as good as they have been, but their line looked like it would be decent (again, didn't see it being as good as it has been) and with Romo throwing to Witten & Des, I just didn't get why people had them as anything but a 5-11 to 8-8 team.

Rams block a FG with 2 minutes left, probably won't make a difference but who knows.

that was some class blocked field goal in the giants/rams game

It's got to be the best rookie season for a WR since Randy Moss (before I was watching) to be honest.

I was sssooo relieved when the Saints took their pick in the draft since a lot of rumours had picked up about you guys looking to trade for for Haha, who was the #1 guy I wanted in the whole draft (realistically for where we were picking, of course).

i think that ****ed up our draft to be honest i didnt want anyone after that spot after ye took haha i actually would have prefered to have traded back again (said it at the time) but we will wait and see hes only 22 so fingers crossed he can come on a bit next year

edit:scratch that i think i may have wanted dennard

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Double C wrote: »
    If Seattle win tonight, Dallas will more than likely host Arizona in the wild card, which would be very winnable. I don't like their chances at either Green Bay or Detroit though after that, but one can hope!

I may be wrong, but I think whoever loses the Lions-Packers match gets the 6th seed (therefore going up against Dallas in the WC round), even if the Cardinals lose out.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I think whoever loses the Lions-Packers match gets the 6th seed (therefore going up against Dallas in the WC round), even if the Cardinals lose out.

Yeah you could be right there, unless Arizona lose out maybe. The Cowboys vs either Green Bay or Detroit will bring back memories of horrible losses last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

How do you beat Green Bay one week and lose to the Raiders the next week?!?

Agent J wrote: »
    How do you beat Green Bay one week and lose to the Raiders the next week?!?
    Magic.

I've put a small bet on Lindley to pass for over 152.5 yards here for the craic, not holding my breath but it's a very, very low number and Arians loves some deep balls. The smart money is obviously all over the Seahawks, but I really, really want the Cardinals to win this because Seattle is the last place in the whole league I want GB to be travelling to in the playoffs, so just couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement