Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16 Thread

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Billy86 wrote: »
    You're right, I had the volume down and thought I heard someone say pass interference. Rewound and it took two or three views, but he did get him right as he came off the LOS alright.

I had the benefit of seeing that replay on a vine before ESPN showed it, thought it was a dodgy call at first myself.

Yeeeeessssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Bottler :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Oh yeah baby, get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Manning really is beginning to look old, but I will carry the confusion over why they didn't just run the ball there to my grave.

Can't tell who it was either, but the guy in the slot to the left of the line was open for a good gain.

The latest Manningface installment.

B5g4N10CIAAuPUz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Has Eli sliiped into Peytons jersey? Those interceptions were embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Great Performance by the Bengals on all 3 sides of the games.

Major blunder by NBC to flex the Steelers-Bengals for SNF.

Atlanta - Carolina obviously has the most on the line.

As it stands, Cincy - Pittsburgh will decide who hosts the #6 seed vs who travels to Indy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Just looking at the standings.
    Five teams guaranteed a playoff berth before the final regular game week, and all currently sitting on 11-4 records. Its an incredibly tight NFC race at the top. Margin for error between high seeding, 1st round bye etc and lower down the order is minimal.
    Really looking forward to next Sunday with to see who steps up and who slips up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Titans @ Jaguars
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Chargers @ 49ers
    Patriots @ Jets
    Lions @ Bears
    Packers @ Buccaneers
    Vikings @ Dolphins
    Browns @ Panthers
    Falcons @ Saints
    Chiefs @ Steelers
    Ravens @ Texans
    Giants @ Rams
    Colts @ Cowboys
    Bills @ Raiders
    Seahawks @ Cardinals
    Broncos @ Bengals

9-7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He has no interest in media

Plenty of kids in Compton or South Central would be only too happy to deal with the media if they were earning his salary or had his opportunities. At this stage he's just making an ass of himself.
    To be fair, it's no different than Belichick's "We're on to Cincinnati" transcript. If he doesn't want to say anything meaningful, he doesn't have to.

For me it's completely different. Post game, Lynch never says anything meaningful, whereas Belichick says a lot. The "We're on to Cincinnati" soundbite came from Belichick not being prepared to thrash talk his teams & individual players poor performance in public after The Chiefs game. It's something he just doesn't do and the established members of the media know it. Understandably, Belichick can circle the wagons when he's píssed with a performance. But Lynch seems to have his wagons permanently circled when dealing with the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Plenty of kids in Compton or South Central would be only too happy to deal with the media if they were earning his salary or had his opportunities. At this stage he's just making an ass of himself.

For me it's completely different. Post game, Lynch never says anything meaningful, whereas Belichick says a lot. The "We're on to Cincinnati" soundbite came from Belichick not being prepared to thrash talk his teams & individual players poor performance in public after The Chiefs game. It's something he just doesn't do and the established members of the media know it. Understandably, Belichick can circle the wagons when he's píssed with a performance. But Lynch seems to have his wagons permanently circled when dealing with the media.
    I imagine millions of people would have a lot to say not just the poor black folk you seem to wanna say without saying. Jesus you think not being a loudmouth was a bad thing, some people just don't like the attention. He is clearly someone like that. Cutler is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm pretty sure Marshawn's agent is not happy about this either. He is a free agent soon and this stuff won't help him get more money.

As for the excuse that its because of the way he was brought up, well that doesn't wash with me. He is told to do a specific thing on every play he is on the field for and he doesn't have a problem with that. He wouldn't have a job if he did and wherever he goes next should make interviews part of his contract.

He is coming across as being not very smart with this stuff. The Patriots players used the 'it is what it is' line to keep things ticking over. You get asked about the run you give them the stats and then when they ask you the question you go 'well, it is what it is'. This won't get you in trouble and players know it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Marshawn's agent is not happy about this either. He is a free agent soon and this stuff won't help him get more money.

As for the excuse that its because of the way he was brought up, well that doesn't wash with me. He is told to do a specific thing on every play he is on the field for and he doesn't have a problem with that. He wouldn't have a job if he did and wherever he goes next should make interviews part of his contract.
    it's a league rule that you have to do interviews. He does them. FFS no contract unless you do the interview in a way we want. Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

it's a league rule that you have to do interviews. He does them. FFS no contract unless you do the interview in a way we want. Seriously
    He doesn't have to do much to abide by the rules as I explained in the last post. What he is doing is not helping him or helping his team with unnecessary media focus because of this.

Its not like he has to do a whole pile, just say he was happy with his game. If they ask him about a good run all he has to do is say 'Yeah I was happy about that', then they ask him did he feel the game was difficult and he can say 'well(then pause like he is thinking) it is what it is really'

He has to do very little to just pass off, what he is doing is stupid.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He doesn't have to do much to abide by the rules as I explained in the last post. What he is doing is not helping him or helping his team with unnecessary media focus because of this.

Its not like he has to do a whole pile, just say he was happy with his game. If they ask him about a good run all he has to do is say 'Yeah I was happy about that', then they ask him did he feel the game was difficult and he can say 'well(then pause like he is thinking) it is what it is really'

He has to do very little to just pass off, what he is doing is stupid.

He is abiding by the rules. Just cos you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not withing the rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I imagine millions of people would have a lot to say not just the poor black folk you seem to wanna say without saying.

Dafuq you going on about? Are you trying to stir some shít? Why are you bringing colour into it? The areas I mentioned have a higher Hispanic & Latino population than an African American population. It looks like you're jumping the gun with your own racial stereotypes there, by mentioning and assuming I was referring to poor black folk. Oh the laughable irony of it all.

My earlier post made not reference to race or colour. That's because I was referring to poor/disenfranchised areas. I was making a generic comment about disenfranchised kids in general and how they would love to have the opportunity & weekly salary Lynch has. And then you come out talking about Black people? Dafuq did that come from?

I mentioned two areas earlier -South Central & Compton and according to the 2010 census. The Hispanic/Latino population made up 65% of the population of Compton. In South Central, the Hispanic/Latino community makes up 87.2% of the population.

66SABw.png

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/neighborhood/historic-south-central/
    Compton, which was once mostly white (former President George H.W. Bush lived there in 1949) and then became mostly black, is now mostly Hispanic. About 65 percent of the people in this city of fewer than 100,000 are Hispanic and only 35 percent are black
    http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/10/24/as-demographics-shiftanewgenerationofleaderstakechargeincompton.html

So I think Lynch is making an ass of himself in front of the media, so what? Do me a favour, stop taking it so personally and get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    3-0 so far, picks for the rest of the week...

New England Patriots @ New York Jets
    Detriot Lions @ Chicago Bears
    Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Minnesota Vikings @ Miami Dolphins
    Cleveland Browns @ Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans
    New York Giants @ St Louis Rams
    Indianapolis Colts @ Dallas Cowboys
    Buffalo Bills @ Oakland Raiders
    Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals
    Denver Broncos @ Cincinnati Bengals

Falcons/Saints could really go either way most of all I reckon, could be a sneaky game of the week contender. Browns/Panthers is the same, but should be a terrible match. Some tough calls in there, though!
    11-5 for the week, 158-58-1 for the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement