Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in switching - do you install gas boilers in apartments?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I'm mainly attracted to Electic Ireland because uswitch.ie says I can save up to 112€ a year by switching and the current deal you have with the nest thermostat.

I live in a 1 bed apt and my current set up is storage heating which I believe is not compatible with the nest thermostat. I've been looking to upgrade my heating anyway as the storage heating is useless, but I was wondering...

1. How can I check if I'm on the gas network?
    2. If I'm not on the gas network can I get connected?
    3. Do you arrange for installations through vetted companies or something similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Skinful,

Thank you for your message.

If there has never been a gas supply in the property, you will need to make an application through a registered gas installed to Gas Networks Ireland. Gas Networks Ireland, formerly known as Bord Gáis Networks, work for all gas suppliers and manage the gas network. To make sure your area is on the network, we would suggest you contact them directly on 1850 200 694. If this is the case, you would have to arrange for a registered gas installer to get all the groundwork done and apply for a GPRN from Gas Networks Ireland.

If you don’t presently have a gas supply but there is a gas meter on site you would need a reconnection. If there is no meter, whether it’s a reconnection or a new connection, you will simply need a meter fit. As the supplier we can arrange either with a technician from Gas Networks Ireland, but you may require a cert from a registered gas installer. There is a fee of €72.54 for a reconnection. There is no charge for an installation of a standard meter, however if you wished to fit a Pay As You Go meter it would cost €110.35, which can be applied to the meter and charged at 25% of your top ups.

Our Home Services team offer a range of different services including servicing, repairing and upgrading boilers. You can check these services out here: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential-energy-services/home-services/heating-services.jsp
    Their contact number is 1850 30 50 85.

We hope this is of help to you.  Do let us know if you’ve any further queries. If you’re an account holder and you wish for us to look into anything specific on your account, please send us a private message, confirming your name, telephone number and address.

Regards,

Aoife M

Advertisement