Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetherspoons Dun Laoghaire (40 Foot)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If they were to pay for Sky (€420 to €1224 per month depending on the package), they'd have to pass that on in increase food/drink prices.

It's cutting out these frills that makes it profitable to sell pints for under €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Six nations is on in the Forty Foot.

That what I was afraid of :) Was interested in heading down for the weekend FA Cup matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If they were to pay for Sky (€420 to €1224 per month depending on the package), they'd have to pass that on in increase food/drink prices.

It's cutting out these frills that makes it profitable to sell pints for under €3.
    If it is that simple, why do so many pubs pay thousands for sky? If it is E1224 a day, its E40 a day worst case scenario, that kind of money doesnt even come into the equation, if they sold 400 drinks, its 1c per drink and they sell a hell of a lot more than 400 drinks on average. I am delighted that they dont have blaring tv's I reckon it actually brings in a lot of people who are done with watching endless sport they have no interest in on a blaring tv with people roaring at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Just tried this pub for the first time. Big and bright but not completely cold atmosphere - had a good mixed crowd for mid week and bar staff were nice and friendly. They were out of a few beers but got a pint of pretty decent pale ale for €2.50 and they will give you samples. Huge selection and nice to not see diageo range TBH. Bottles of goose Island €2.45 wow...€3.40 in my local offie! Didn't try the grub. Overall pretty good bang for buck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I assume theres no point in trying to get food in the 40 foot or TTT tomorrow due to the crowds or might it still be alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you go early morning you will get in, but if Christmas is anything to go by, service may be dodgy and it may get messy, clientele wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

Five of us in there today and the food was far from good

Advertisement