Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia lumia digitizer replacement Just want to know if I'm getting robbed.

Options
  • 17-12-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

He's charging me 60 euro's for the replacement, he claim's it needed a new battery but battery was fine when I dropped it in and I bought the phone from the same place two month's back, the price of a new digitizer is 20 euros so is he trying to charge me 40 euro's for labour?, it seems to be a pretty fast and easy fix to do, not crazy about getting ripped off my two polish lad's this close to xmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

TELL him you dont need a battery check it first,which model is the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Nokia service centre charged me €45 for digitizer and installation. Not quite a fast and easy fix; they originally didn't give the glue enough time to set on mine at first and it just slid off later that day during a phone call when the phone heated up. To their credit they took it back straight away and installed another new one at no extra cost, phone has worked great ever since.

And I can't see how your phone would need a new battery unless they damaged your original one.

Which model was the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbean23

I'ts the lumia 820, if nokia charge 45 to replace the digitizer thats the price I'll quote to them, cheers for the info, there probably trying to get another 15 euro out of me for a new battery that wasn't needed, it worked fine before I dropped it in, I'll just ask for my old battery back, these places are like garages trying to charge you for extra's.

jimbean23 wrote: »
    I'ts the lumia 820, if nokia charge 45 to replace the digitizer thats the price I'll quote to them, cheers for the info, there probably trying to get another 15 euro out of me for a new battery that wasn't needed, it worked fine before I dropped it in, I'll just ask for my old battery back, these places are like garages trying to charge you for extra's.

True that..

• Advertisement
Advertisement