Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma TVs

• 17-12-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Right ,in the market for new telly .I have about 1600 to spend no need for a smart TV as I have Apple TV and a chrome cast but no harm if it's on the right Tv.
    The problem is I need a plasma ,our son who has special needs often put his sticky hands on the screen or throw small things against it...have our current to 4 years and still is good and easy to clean...My parents have a LED and its a nightmare keeping him away from it.
    Don't have the option of mounting it above fireplace (room to small). I would prefer to buy in a shop rather than on line but having problems finding a full hd or 4 k one,flexible with price ....
    Our current Panasonic 42 inch is not full Hd but a quick wipe with screen cleaner and its fine ,I can just imagine the damage he would inflict on a led screen ::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Its not the technology of the screen you need to be looking at but the covering. Find an LCD with a strong glass screen and you should be fine.

What do you mean flexible with price? You're not the type of person that buys on the basis of what they got off are you? That's the oldest ripoff in the book. Find reviews, get a good TV then source it at the lowest price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I have looked both at led and lcd and have yet to find one which would durable enough , by flexible I mean I don't mind paying that bit extra for the right Tv .
    A lot of retailers seem to only stock LED TVs at the moment.

harr wrote: »
    I have looked both at led and lcd and have yet to find one which would durable enough , by flexible I mean I don't mind paying that bit extra for the right Tv .
    A lot of retailers seem to only stock LED TVs at the moment.

Id talk to richersounds
    I dont think I'll ever buy from anyone else.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

TBH I think plasmas have pretty much gone, or at least are very niche with the advent of OLED. I'd actually look at solutions to protect the TV, I can;t imagine you're the only person with this problem.

Advertisement