If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma

Options
  • 17-12-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Looking for a new plasma TV ,1600 or so budget ...reason it has to plasma well it's down to durability. We have a special needs child who loves touching TVs and it might get the od bang as well ,all our TVs have been plasma and they are easy wipe down and keep clean.
    Our current Panasonic is only HD ready so need an upgrade to HD or Better again 4k,no real need for a smart TV but it's not a deal breaker. So are plasma TVs still available.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for a new plasma TV ,1600 or so budget ...reason it has to plasma well it's down to durability. We have a special needs child who loves touching TVs and it might get the od bang as well ,all our TVs have been plasma and they are easy wipe down and keep clean.
    Our current Panasonic is only HD ready so need an upgrade to HD or Better again 4k,no real need for a smart TV but it's not a deal breaker. So are plasma TVs still available.
    Hi Harr.

Unfortunately Plasmas are no longer made. Panasonic wrapped up theirs last year and LG and Samsung this year.

The main manufacturers now only make LED with LG also doing OLED.

All 4K screen are LED at the moment as far as I can remember. 

Would you like some quotes for LED's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Thanks for getting back to me,no more plasma TVs 😡, that leaves my options very Limited...might thing about putting bracket on the wall.
    Anyway ,yes  please fire some prices my way and then we will  decide what we want to do.
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for getting back to me,no more plasma TVs 😡, that leaves my options very Limited...might thing about putting bracket on the wall.
    Anyway ,yes  please fire some prices my way and then we will  decide what we want to do.
    Thanks
    Hi Harr.

Going on the 1600 Euro budget you will get a cracking TV.

Have a look over the following:

Sony KDL55W829 priced at £1188.99 Euro (inc delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200597-bravia-kdl55w829.aspx 

Panasonic TX55AX630 priced at 1549.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200947-viera-tx55ax630b.aspx

LG 55UB850 priced at £1699.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200570-55ub850v.aspx

Three very good screens. Let me know if any catch your eye or if you check over richersounds.ie and anything else jumps put at you drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.