Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer contacts from Phone to Pc

• 17-12-2014 6:34pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So dropped my nokia lumia the other day,cracked the screen so no longer usable.
    Hadn't backed up my numbers(kept saying I'd do it later but never did) but I had the majority of them saved to the sim card anyway but there's the odd one or 2 missing,recent one's I added.
    So just wondering is their anyway I can access them on the phone via pc or something?
    I can hook the phone up to the laptop but can only view pics and music on the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What lumia is it?

Are you sure they didn't sync automatically via hotmail/outlook to your Microsoft account

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Davy wrote: »
    What lumia is it?

Are you sure they didn't sync automatically via hotmail/outlook to your Microsoft account
    One of the older ones I think,520.

No don't think they synced up,have a spare nokia atm set it up but only option I have is to import contacts from sim.When I set up my microsoft account on it and sync only option it gives is to download emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    One of the older ones I think,520.

No don't think they synced up,have a spare nokia atm set it up but only option I have is to import contacts from sim.When I set up my microsoft account on it and sync only option it gives is to download emails.

If you ever downloaded apps from the store, then you would have had a Microsoft account so your contacts, etc could have been backed up.

Visit Outlook.com, sign in with that account and see what's in the Contacts section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

theothernt wrote: »
    If you ever downloaded apps from the store, then you would have had a Microsoft account so your contacts, etc could have been backed up.

Visit Outlook.com, sign in with that account and see what's in the Contacts section.
    Yip got them,signed into outlook.com,browsed to people section and they were all there,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Yip got them,signed into outlook.com,browsed to people section and they were all there,thanks.

For future reference, the SIM card is mostly useless. It can't hold what modern phones considers to be a 'contact' (ie. a name + many details), instead the phone just reads the legacy contacts in, then never touches it - so any changes to contacts are not pushed back to the SIM card.

But anyway, glad to hear all your contacts are there :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement