Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine pool - early morning swim?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I thought I would try here just in case anyone knew...

I'm home for Christmas and my local pool, Coolmine, lists a session between 7am & 8.30 on their website, which is adult lane swimming and open to non-members. My question is, do I have to be there at 7am when it starts, or can I show up anytime between 7 & 8.30 to swim? Usually Coolmine do 45-minute time slots for their lane sessions, having a bit of extra time would be great- I'd probably try get there for between 7.15 & 7.30 and swim for around an hour.

If anyone has any insights I'd be very grateful. I used to be a club swimmer there, and vaguely remember during weekday morning sessions that people would start showing up from 7 & would trickle in, but just wanted to double-check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Hitting the gym tomorrow afternoon, will ask if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

That'd be great, thanks!

Cool, when you planning on going? They are closed Xmas eve and Xmas day as far as I'm aware.

Well the swim only runs on Mon-Wed-Fri, so I'd try go this Friday & then maybe on Monday, before Christmas. I don't suppose if you notice a poster with their holiday schedule, or an updated pool schedule for over the holidays, you could take a snap for me? Nothing worse than waking early to find it closed!

Have one in the gym bag, will do my best for you pal, haven't posted a pic in a long time but will type text if I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

You can turn up any time you want between 7-8.30. Pool is usually very quiet around that time

Thanks all. I remember when I was a club swimmer that the club vacated 2 lanes when the public swim started- do they keep the lanes until 8.30? I've attended a few of the 'adult' swims in Coolmine and it's like a zoo, lifeguards were very reluctant to put lane ropes in...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

I usually go down for 7-8 am every Friday for the last while. The whole pool is lanes and there would be max 6 people in the pool at that time. Think the club swimming finishes at 7am but a few might stay on after it.

Hey,

Just checked with them a while ago, the pool can be used any time between 7 - 8:30 so you can just rock on up. They have fast lanes and slow lanes.

The gym is shutting at end of business on Tuesday the 23rd and back open on saturday the 27th 10 - 5

The pool will shut at end of business on the 23rd aswell but wont be open again til saturday the 3rd of Jan- Long oul gap!

Thanks everyone; went down this morning and had a lovely swim, it was so quiet. Will definitely try go again on Monday before they close for Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement