Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One won't download while off

Options
  • 17-12-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

I've tried so many options to try and get my Xbox One to download games while off. I don't have it in energy saving mode, I have downloads while off selected and I even tried deselecting the turn off hard drive box. It just doesn't appear to be downloading unless it's turned on.

I came across this while searching for a solution and it this seems to be suggesting the feature doesn't work.
    I can’t imagine why the Xbox One’s default setting is to power down after being idle when these games take many, many hours to install, if the system can’t keep things going during sleep mode (which I thought it was supposed to do anyway).
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/07/ps4-and-xbox-one-need-a-serious-digital-downloading-overhaul/

Has anyone else noticed this with their Xbox One?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've noticed something similar, but it's sporadic. Games will always download for me straight away, but system updates sometimes don't. I was never too bothered by it, so never looked into it.

I've heard that allowing it to turn itself off by using the "inactivity timer" gets it to work once, but not sure beyond that.

Next trouble-shooting would be to make sure it's plugged into the wall and not into a surge protector/extension cord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I can buy games from smartglass at work and they'll be downloaded when i get home, but game updates never come by themselves for me. I'll always have to start the game and then wait for the download to complete. its not a dealbreaker tbh, but I thought it was something that was supposed to happen in the background.

Advertisement