Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Carew mechanic?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where Damien Carew garage is based in Waterford? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Witches Lane, top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Thanks for the info lads. This is where the boards.ie community is great altogether!

Damien ok to deal with. His partner a no no. My advice is to avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What happened if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

He was very rude and ignorant. Had to get brakes sorted on the car. Dealth with Damien first who was helpful. The other fella then, didn't get his name, not sure what his problem was. Someone referred me to that garage in good faith but I've got to say it was misplaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

He was very rude and ignorant. Had to get brakes sorted on the car. Dealth with Damien first who was helpful. The other fella then, didn't get his name, not sure what his problem was. Someone referred me to that garage in good faith but I've got to say it was misplaced.

Sounds about right there to be honest. My family have been going to Damien with all our cars for years and would have always praised him.

However just over a year ago had issues with my car and I had to deal with the other partner Noel. It was my first and last time!!! He was very rude and vague when it came about to getting my car sorted. He started avoiding my calls etc when asking for updates on my car. In the end my car sat in the lot for well over 4 weeks until Noel finally got it sorted. (Damien was away on holidays)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

have to agree with you on that as story, s unfold, my question is why did Damien make that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Have any of the people who had complaints actually make them to Mr Carew, or is it the typical Irish gombeen attitude to complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Have any of the people who had complaints actually make them to Mr Carew, or is it the typical Irish gombeen attitude to complaining.

I certainly did anyway. Wasn't just going to sit down and say nothing after being fobbed off for so long!

• Advertisement

It wasn't only me then. Some way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluestripe

I've dealt with both Damian and Noel for the last 15 years - have never had a reason to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Have been using them for the last three years , great to deal with.

Advertisement