Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancient Iqon Laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

there is no direct access panel to get to the CMOS battery. Some laptops can. The laptop will need to be dismantled, the battery should be attached to the motherboard. Laptops differ from each other, the battery may be under the keyboard, or at the otherside of the motherboard. In Some laptops the cmos battery are soldered directly to the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭whizbang

they are usually very capacity batteries that are kept charged by the main battery.

If the main battery is gone, the cmos battery will only last a short while, regardless of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Lads,
    Im trying to locate the internal battery on an Iqon M66je that I picked up.

Im getting a CMOS battery warning when it boots up and have to reset the time/date every time.
    I removed all the covers on the back of it but no joy.
    I cant find any info online either.

It looks just like the one in this ad.
    http://www.adverts.ie/laptops-and-netbooks/iqon-m66je-for-sale-motherboard-fault/330827

Thanks in advance.

you and i both mate as i have the exact same one hey heres a trick i usually leave mine in plugged in all the time now so i don't need to reset it every time best of luck regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭coillcam

Unfortunately if its not easy to see, ie. behind ram cover you'll most likely need to fully dismantle the casing and get the motherboard out.

You may be lucky and it could be easily accessed under the keyboard. Worst case scenario the battery could be soldered to the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

took a fair bit of googling:

http://xarchiwum.pl/plyta-glowna-clevo-ntt-m66su-fv-gw-3430-i2358869617.html

but here are images of the motherboard. You can see that the cmos battery has a holder connected by cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

this looks same as above but shows a bit more of case

4Mg8nE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Seems like too much hassle for an old machine.
    Might just leave it plugged in.The main battery is good for about 3 minutes anyway.

Thanks for the replies lads.

Advertisement