Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach - journey time to airport

Options
  • 17-12-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Have a friend staying with me on Thursday and needs to be at the airport for a 10.30am flight on Friday morning. The aircoach at 8am says it'll be there for 9.30am...anyone any experience of it? Is it reliable? Or is this ambitious? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I think that's very ambitious!! Considering it's rush hour traffic out of Greystones and to the city you should definitely consider an earlier departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Really? So the 7am bus might be Safer? Crap! That's an early start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I think ring aircoach tomorrow and ask them. They do the journey each week so should be able to give an indication of times. But personally I think it would be leaving it very tight for time getting the bus at 8am and flight at 10.30.
    What if going through security is busy in the airport (which it usually is) that could take 20 mins or more as well and if the bus was delayed considering the time it's leaving here and then trying to get through bray etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Aircoach used to be fantastic before they changed the route. Now it is an additional headache as traffic through town is a bit unpredictable.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ok. Thanks for all your replies and advice... thinking about it, you guys are absolutely right so we have decided to make other plans and will sell the aircoach tickets for half-price on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shazerina wrote: »
    Really? So the 7am bus might be Safer? Crap! That's an early start!

Yeah 7 is much better.

The Aircoach changed its route and its now much slower

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yeah 7 is much better.

The Aircoach changed its route and its now much slower

Thanks. Have abandoned the aircoach option and a chauffeur (aka dh!) will now do the drop off. Aircoach won't entertain any changes to the tkts so unless I get a last minute sale on adverts tonight that's money down the swanny.

Advertisement