Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL in County Meath practically unusable.

Options
  • 18-12-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
      ADSL connection in County Meath becoming unusable. 1.2 KM from the exchange but starting to get regular disconnects in the evenings. I'm guessing it's because we're in an area that is not Efibre ready, and judging by the coverage map that's not going to change anytime soon, and there's now massive congestion on the exchange.
    The last time I checked NGB was not available from the local exchange.
    I would like to know if there's anything Eircom can do about the situation before I try alternative providers.

Can't give speedtest statistics right now because the speedtest sites aren't loading.

The connection was never great but this is ridiculous.

Kind regards,
    Chuck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,
      ADSL connection in County Meath becoming unusable. 1.2 KM from the exchange but starting to get regular disconnects in the evenings. I'm guessing it's because we're in an area that is not Efibre ready, and judging by the coverage map that's not going to change anytime soon, and there's now massive congestion on the exchange.
    The last time I checked NGB was not available from the local exchange.
    I would like to know if there's anything Eircom can do about the situation before I try alternative providers.

Can't give speedtest statistics right now because the speedtest sites aren't loading.

The connection was never great but this is ridiculous.

Kind regards,
    Chuck
    Hi Chuck

Sorry to hear this, please do PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chuckleberryfin

Sent, thanks for your time!

Sent, thanks for your time!
    Thanks for PMing me your details chuckleberryfin

I have run tests on your line and broadband and investigated your reports of slow speeds & connection loss. I'm sorry to confirm that as your line is served by an exchange which has yet to be upgraded to next generation broadband congestion at peak times is to be and remain expected. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do that can prevent your speeds fluctuating (especially at peak usage times) until your exchange is upgraded to next generation broadband (NGB in short).

I have also run a number of tests on your line and I can confirm that there are no faults located internally or externally.

I'm sorry I cannot offer you suggested improvements at this time.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chuckleberryfin

Thanks for the update Alan.
    I know I'm probably kicking a dead horse at this stage, but any idea when the exchange will be upgraded to NGB?

Thanks for the update Alan.
    I know I'm probably kicking a dead horse at this stage, but any idea when the exchange will be upgraded to NGB?
    Hi chuckleberryfin

It's not planned in the current release of scheduled upgrades but if you get back to me in May an updated schedule should be available.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement