Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stanley Superstar 95 Solid Fuel

• 18-12-2014 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question regarding the stanley superstar 95 solid fuel range.
    The thermostat wire broke in it's exposed part near the hinge area in the ashtray door area.

Some wires were cobble together to join the parts open again but since this the cooker failed to heat radiators as good as it used to. I suspect the thermostat was being used manually but with little working knowledge of it's function.

I recently soldered a wire joining the borken parts to create a more "permenant solution" without the need for buying a new thermostat. I then proceeded to leave the thermostat know at auto 5. This did seem to heat the radiators much better.

My question is was this a good idea/did it make a difference? Does the thermostat flap move to close itself when on automatic because it doesn't seem to now or for a long time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The "wires" are actually capillary tubes and cannot be repaired, without them you have no control over air flap on dampers and so burning rate is uncontrolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

will the boiler work properly though if the manual seeting is used instead on the termostat or will the full unit need to be replaced?

Advertisement