Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal insurance quote - problems obtaining due to accident on work policy

Options
  • 18-12-2014 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just got a callback from a car insurance company I applied for an online quote for. They asked whether I had been involved in any accidents in the last 5 years. I told them I had been hit by a stolen vehicle in a hit and run earlier this year. I was driving a work vehicle under my employers insurance at the time. They stated I would not be able to get a quote due to this event and would have to remain with my current insurer.

Is this correct? It seems more than a little unfair.I just got a callback from a car insurance company I applied for an online quote for. They asked whether I had been involved in any accidents in the last 5 years. I told them I had been hit by a stolen vehicle in a hit and run earlier this year. I was driving a work vehicle under my employers insurance at the time. They stated I would not be able to get a quote due to this event and would have to remain with my current insurer.

Is this correct? It seems more than a little unfair.

______
    Atif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

When you told the insurance company that you had been in a crash, did you make it clear that it wasn't on your own insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 atifraza

I just got a callback from a car insurance company I applied for an online quote for. They asked whether I had been involved in any accidents in the last 5 years. I told them I had been hit by a stolen vehicle in a hit and run earlier this year. I was driving a work vehicle under my employers insurance at the time. They stated I would not be able to get a quote due to this event and would have to remain with my current insurer.

Is this correct? It seems more than a little unfair.I just got a callback from a car insurance company I applied for an online quote for. They asked whether I had been involved in any accidents in the last 5 years. I told them I had been hit by a stolen vehicle in a hit and run earlier this year. I was driving a work vehicle under my employers insurance at the time. They stated I would not be able to get a quote due to this event and would have to remain with my current insurer.

Is this correct? It seems more than a little unfair.

Advertisement