Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you found as the best marketing for a small service business?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm doing computer repair in my own town and I have put up posters in a few places yesterday (they were done pro etc.)

I only got a handful of the a4 posters done as I want to adjust the marketing strategy based on customer feedback (if I get any customers that is).

I was thinking about getting flyers done and van decals but I want to wait until I have my brand image set it stone.

Really appreciated hearing back on this! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Who really needs computer repair service? - I would say small business. That's anything from accountants office to retailers to delivery companies.

I suggest you do a A4 sheet with details of what work you will undertake, the service level you will provide (evening and Saturday callouts would be a great add-on) & your basic call-out rates.

Then dress nicely and casually, and call into as many businesses as possible and introduce yourself and your services.

Get sheets of small stickers printed and give a sheet to each place you visit and suggest they place a sticker on each PC they have and also suggest they let staff know you do home call outs too.

Someone did that to me a few years ago - he still does our PC work and upgrades.

Advertisement