Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless stopped working

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Yesterday a contactless card payment of €1 was declined when I used contactless card in my work canteen. Same amount today, same result: declined. There’s more than enough funds in the account and I spoke to BOI yesterday and they said all was fine with the card and account.

Any idea why this is happening? I’ve always been able to pay by contactless before yesterday in my work canteen. Would the contactless chip just stop working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi wonderboy76, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with the contactless facility on your card. 

Can we ask, is this difficulty localised to your work place or has this happened with other retailer's also? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

I can't think I've tried it elsewhere but I'll do so at lunch and get back to you!

Thanks wonderboy76, 

Have a nice lunch and we'll talk to you again soon. 

Elaine 

It worked fine at M&S at lunch.

Hi wonderboy76, 

Thanks for coming back to us and that's great news. 

Perhaps it might be worth asking your place of employment if they are experiencing difficulty with their contactless facility on their terminals as they may need to report this to their own bank. 

Thanks again for letting us know and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll let them know it's not my card.

Advertisement