Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog passports & Vac

• 18-12-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Need to get two dog passports & rabies vac I was told by my local vet that it will cost €200 for them. Is this the normal price or can I get it cheaper as things are tight this time of year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

It's a little bit pricy. Def ring around and get a few other prices but some vets will charge more.
    If you can get a local country vet they might do it a little cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

TonyFella wrote: »
    Need to get two dog passports & rabies vac I was told by my local vet that it will cost €200 for them. Is this the normal price or can I get it cheaper as things are tight this time of year.

Are they microchipped already? If not then it's ball park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Yes have them chipped a long time now. That was the correct price she wrote it down for me and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Where are you based?

Dublin 16 but have no problem traveling within distance to get a better price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Cost 70euro for ours, that included the rabies shot, passport and a pre-travel check but we were only going to England, 200 euro is a joke though ring around some vets it should be a standard price so they can tell you on the phone. (based in Cork)

Edit : didn't read that you needed two so make that 140 I guess, still a big difference though..

€140 wouldn't be so bad that's a fair price. Where are you based? I'll be driving through france etc all in the EU so the price shouldn't change depending on where in the EU you are going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

TonyFella wrote: »
    €140 wouldn't be so bad that's a fair price. Where are you based? I'll be driving through france etc all in the EU so the price shouldn't change depending on where in the EU you are going

Based in Cork, but I'd imagine you should be able to find a somewhat similar price if you ring around a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Totally agree €100 per dog is really steep considering it doesn't include microchipping. Really shouldn't be any more than €75-80 per dog OP. Why not ring your vets again and query the price. It was probably the vet nurse gave you the quote and often there is a bit of wriggle room, particularly if it's two pets instead of one.

Advertisement