Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Street Gardens vandalised.

Options
  • 18-12-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

What kind of scum does this?
    There is an article in the Waterford Today detailing the effort some shitehawks went to to damage the gardens.
    Why would anyone even be bothered smashing up the gardens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Utter mindless scum, People who do this kind of stuff will only ever be a blight on society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Were you expecting it to go 'vandalism free'

Whatever you do in this town there will always be someone to undo the good work that you've done.

Sad fact of life I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Can't say I'm a bit surprised, I'm more surprised by the fact people are suprised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Were you expecting it to go 'vandalism free'

Whatever you do in this town there will always be someone to undo the good work that you've done.

Sad fact of life I'm afraid.

Vandalism and mindless scum are not something particular to Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Entirely predictable, its why we can't have nice things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Was just waiting for this to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm only surprised it took the local scummers this long to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

They must have known this would happen eventually, first thing I would have done is put a camera up so as to at least catch the scumbags and they should be made to repair or pay for the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

danjo-xx wrote: »
    They must have known this would happen eventually, first thing I would have done is put a camera up so as to at least catch the scumbags and they should be made to repair or pay for the damage.

You just kick the sh*te out of them & it shouldn't happen again!

Economic woes & hardship sufferers the lot of 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

You just kick the sh*te out of them & it shouldn't happen again!

Economic woes & hardship sufferers the lot of 'em!

Toerags.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

danjo-xx wrote: »

CCTV is no guarantee against this sort of thing,

For starters they could easily cover faces, also if CCTV stopped crime then London would be the safest city in the world as it has more cctv camera's then anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cabaal wrote: »
    CCTV is no guarantee against this sort of thing,

For starters they could easily cover faces, also if CCTV stopped crime then London would be the safest city in the world as it has more cctv camera's then anywhere else.

London IS one of the safest cities in the world, certainly from a tourist point of view. Certainly crime happens there but I know for one that I would rather walk the streets of London in the middle of the night than Waterford hands down. Waterford is gone dog rough the last few years, sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Absolute dirtbirds but I did expect it unfortunately.
    It really does need a good camera system and for for the dickheads to be pursued

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

London IS one of the safest cities in the world, certainly from a tourist point of view. Certainly crime happens there but I know for one that I would rather walk the streets of London in the middle of the night than Waterford hands down. Waterford is gone dog rough the last few years, sad.

where did you get that information on London been safest for tourist? am genuinely curious.... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

robtri wrote: »
    where did you get that information on London been safest for tourist? am genuinely curious.... thanks

A mixture of personal experience and research/statistics (google How safe is London for the list of studies). I have been to London close to 50 times now in a variety of weekend trips, business meetings, holidays, weddings etc and not once have I ever had an issue with muggings, assualt, theft etc. Thats not to say others wont have an issue but generally inside the main 3 zones of London and near tourist attractions, you are a hell of a lot safer than walking down some streets in Dublin (in the daytime), and the police have a high visibility in London 24 hrs a day.

Put it this way- i would rather walk alone in the Bronx in New York at 2am than chance walking home alone from Waterfords (often) scummy nightlife areas. Sad but true.

Advertisement