Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Devil, shy Street Angel.... what to do?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

We have two boys, aged 3.5 and 5. My youngest is brash,brazen and a house wrecker at home. He attempts to bully his much quieter olderbrother and is a little terror (all in a good way :)).

When he is out in public(playschool, social situations) he is very very shy. It is hard to imagine thatthis little terror turns into such a timid little guy in these situations.

Hisplayschool leader says he chats away to her and to some of the kids but oftenprefers to play on his own. Over the weekend we were at a party where there waslots of other kids playing in a bouncy castle, his older (and much quieter)brother was straight in but he wanted to hold my hand and watch.

When he stated playschool on a part time basis he was therewith his older brother and loved going a few mornings a week. This year when hestarted on his own, it took him a while to settle down but was fine after a fewdays.

Should we be worried about him going to ‘big school’ next September? Isthere anything we can do to bring some of the confidence he has at home out inhim when he is in public?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Well there's a big difference between having confidence and being the "little terror" you describe.

If he's well-behaved and quiet when outside the house, I really can't see why this is something you'd wish to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Well there's a big difference between having confidence and being the "little terror" you describe.

If he's well-behaved and quiet when outside the house, I really can't see why this is something you'd wish to change?

Thanks for the reply. He is just a little too shy, I guess my biggest difficulty is how come he is so different at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Because he believes he can behave badly at home without serious consequences but isn't so sure of that when out and about?

Advertisement