Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What's the deal with the iPad YouTube app?

• 18-12-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

iPad Air 2

Fibre broadband with speeds of 40/10

1080P playback= crap

Starts playing then it stops to buffer plays for a few seconds then buffering. The thing is the grey progress bar has gone way beyond the red one.

This isn't new as it's been happening for a while with my iPad 3 and a slower broadband. Just thought the new iPad and fibre would definitely eliminate the buffering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

If your with UPC others seem to be having problems with broadband itself(link)...Apps going ok for me but im not on upc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    If your with UPC others seem to be having problems with broadband itself(link)...Apps going ok for me but im not on upc.

No I'm with Vodafone. Used to be with sky and it was the same. Fine on 720P but as soon as I select 1080P it starts with all the buffering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think it's the app itself, one week it'll be fine, then another it will keep pausing and lowering the quality. Been ok again the last few weeks for me but it's really hit and miss. One of the most frustrating apps for me at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yeah. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Yes I get the same on UPC, though I think it is the app as when I try YouTube in Safari I never have the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I used use a great app called mxTube before i upgraded to ios 8.

You colud force it to play in 1080p everytime without having to do it manually like in the youtube app.

And it didnt have the same buffer problem as the crappy official youtube app.

You could even download videos and add them to the camera roll.

Unfortunately it seems to be removed from the Appstore.

There is an app with the same name on cydia but its a totally different app and nowhere name the same functionality.

This is what it looked like:

screen480x480.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Okay i managed to retrieve an older version of mxtube on some naughty site,
    And a message came up recommending using Tubex on the appstore instead due to ongoing disputes.

Tubex for YouTube by Baslas Lian
    https://appsto.re/ie/arDb4.i

Note to mods, thats a link to the actual appstore.

Its very similar except it has no download functionality, but will play @ 1080p each time unlike the official app.

Advertisement