Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords!

Options
  • 18-12-2014 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi

Asking this on behalf of a friend...

They are shortly moving to NCD to take up employment at Dublin Airport. I understand Swords is the best place to go to as it'll be near the airport and has good links. My friends have had a look, but places go so quickly, and it's difficult to actually see the quality of the housing as they live in Cork at the moment. I think the plan is to go to Dublin for a few days, so that they're on the spot if anything suitable comes up.

They'll be looking for a house-share, I think. Can anyone recommend the best area to go to? Does it have to be Swords or are there surrounding areas they can look at? Has to have good transport links as they don't drive at the moment.

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hi

Asking this on behalf of a friend...

They are shortly moving to NCD to take up employment at Dublin Airport. I understand Swords is the best place to go to as it'll be near the airport and has good links. My friends have had a look, but places go so quickly, and it's difficult to actually see the quality of the housing as they live in Cork at the moment. I think the plan is to go to Dublin for a few days, so that they're on the spot if anything suitable comes up.

They'll be looking for a house-share, I think. Can anyone recommend the best area to go to? Does it have to be Swords or are there surrounding areas they can look at? Has to have good transport links as they don't drive at the moment.

TIA :)

If working in the airport there is no where really as handy as swords. Some of the estates closest to the airport would be Ridgewood / Holywell and Boroimhe.

Would be close to feeder bus services to the airport and in fact i've seen airport staff walk from the Boroimhe junction. (The Premier Inn run a feeder bus up and down to the airport for 1e)

Any more questions, feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

As mentioned above, but they might look a bit further afield within Swords, maybe Applewood, River Valley etc. Have a look at the Dublin Bus routes that travel between the airport and the Swords estates, the 41c springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

T-Maxx wrote: »
    As mentioned above, but they might look a bit further afield within Swords, maybe Applewood, River Valley etc. Have a look at the Dublin Bus routes that travel between the airport and the Swords estates, the 41c springs to mind.

Defo!

Nearly all estates west of the bypass (R132) are serviced by a bus. 41C is now the main route, think the 33 operates too and as far as the airport.

Rivervalley is nearly in the same category as Ridgewood / Boroimhe. I would nearly say that it is within an easy cycle distance if you are that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Wouldn't rule out any in Northwood Santry either, shortish walk to the airport
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4051867,-6.2503636,17z?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

The 41 goes through the airport. The 41C doesnt. The 41C goes through River Valley and Briomhe but the 41 doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The 41c 33 stop opposite Kealeys pub on the main road, you can walk through the pub carpark into the airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I just wanted to thank everybody for their time and contributions to this thread. I printed it off and showed it to my neighbour. Swords is still under consideration, but think they might try Drumcondra instead.

Thanks again for your help!

Advertisement