Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 National Duathlon Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

This S..t just got real,bit of a trip down for the NC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

viperlogic wrote: »
    Dates and races detailed here http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2057 many of which on same weekend

Looks like the National Champs is over a sprint distance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

This S..t just got real,bit of a trip down for the NC.
    Could you explain what you don't like . effectively I think this is another improvement by Ti on last year .
    And if you were to look around a bit you would see what impact last years dua champs had I think it's a smart move to have sprint champs as nobody really has the time to recover from a 2 hour duathlon at this time of the year.

sorry king size mars bar it looks like i missunderstood you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    Could you explain what you don't like . effectively I think this is another improvement by Ti on last year .
    And if you were to look around a bit you would see what impact last years dua champs had I think it's a smart move to have sprint champs as nobody really has the time to recover from a 2 hour duathlon at this time of the year.

I took it to mean

"the sh1t got real"
    ==
    Wow this is serious and important

"bit of a trip down for the NC."
    ==
    I live at higher latitudes and will need to drive down to the event.

i think fair geographical spread for champchips in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I dont think it was a planned improvement but more of an enforced one. As fast as I am aware only one standard distance Duathlon looked to host the national champs but it was clashing with the Euro champs.

Regarding the recovery time, you could say the same for holding the Half distance in July (5 hr event)

It's actually easier to recover from a half than a oly distance duathlon race
    Ceepo wrote: »
    I dont think it was a planned improvement but more of an enforced one. As fast as I am aware only one standard distance Duathlon looked to host the national champs but it was clashing with the Euro champs.

Regarding the recovery time, you could say the same for holding the Half distance in July (5 hr event)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tunny

It's actually easier to recover from a half than a oly distance duathlon race

For most I would agree. However some who can race a half running wise. They always fvcked me up.

sorry king size mars bar it looks like i missunderstood you.

I think you did misunderstood me a bit, I ment it as now the races are in black and white I must get my arse into gear with more training! I only do duathlons as swimming does not float my boat and I look forward to the races. I was very glad to see the series format last year and I think 2015 series will be better again. I plan to do the required 3 races and some, was gearing up for standard distance for the NC but it's a sprint now so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Triathlon Ireland calendar now seems to show the Fastnet Duathlon in Cork on March 7th as the National Champs, wasn't it originally the duathlon in Ennis on March 29th?

They'll have to change the date, conflicts with the 3D pilgrimage to Carlow:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

looks like mullaghmore has been added to NS and is also Sprint National Championships.

Anyone any info on the Fastnet Duathlon , distance wise and when does it open? So Ennis is defo not going ahead as a NS race?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Also is Tramore now not part of the national series? Banner has also been added to be part of the national series. hmmmm lots of confusion

speedyj wrote: »
    Triathlon Ireland calendar now seems to show the Fastnet Duathlon in Cork on March 7th as the National Champs, wasn't it originally the duathlon in Ennis on March 29th?

They'll have to change the date, conflicts with the 3D pilgrimage to Carlow:D

Schull Tri Club just confirmed on their FB page it's (fastnet duathlon) not the NC. Error on TI calendar. There may well be other mistakes!!

Can anyone give a definitive answer on which race is the NC race, Schull or Ennis?

Can anyone give a definitive answer on which race is the NC race, Schull or Ennis?

TI calendar has been corrected to show Ennis and not Fastnet. Also tramore is not part of the NS.

Won't be too long coming around, I,ll get to see some of the country this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

TI calendar has been corrected to show Ennis and not Fastnet. Also tramore is not part of the NS.

Tramore is part of NS. I queried this with TI during the week and they confirmed that it was an error on the calendar.

Can anyone confirm if the Ennis race which is to be the NC will be the same length as usual. 2.7/16/2.4 seems very short for NC - Its not even a sprint!! NC is usually 10/40/5 - appreciate above comment regarding lack of applications from races of the longer distance but why pick one so short?

Podge83 wrote: »
    Tramore is part of NS. I queried this with TI during the week and they confirmed that it was an error on the calendar.

Lol, I asked Waterford Tri Club during the week and they said the duathlon is not NS but their Tri is

Lol, I asked Waterford Tri Club during the week and they said the duathlon is not NS but their Tri is

LOL indeed. There are a few anomalies on the TI calendar. I don't mind a few mistakes, but it normally takes a long time for them to sort them out. From memory they have the "Lord of the Dring" and Galway as Aquathon standard distance NC also.

• Advertisement

With the NC what other races do people intend on doing to make up the 3 to have points count in the series?

With the NC what other races do people intend on doing to make up the 3 to have points count in the series?

Limerick and Fota. Fastnet will be backup if needed but would prefer to do Ballycotton 10M instead that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Fota would be a handy one for me, but put off by the entry fee of €39. What do they offer that makes it twice the cost of most other duathlons?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Fota would be a handy one for me, but put off by the entry fee of €39. What do they offer that makes it twice the cost of most other duathlons?

Think there is a goodie bag and lots of prizes but wouldn't the sponsors cover this???? I would prefer half price entry rather than goodie bag. Last year it was €49 at the start but they finally dropped it to €39. Ill do it as its only down the road, so saves the diesel money to Galway or Clare Duathlon for same weekend etc

I was going to do the two NAAS races but have a course to do in February now so might try either Trim or Schull along with NAAS in march.

I see Ennis TC have extended the normal distances of their duathlon for NC. Not quite Olympic, but a sort of half way house.

http://www.ennistriclub.com/#!duathlon/chqp

Another email from TI--> The organisers don't want the race as part of NS so it has been removed from the list and the calendar as an NS Race.

Viperlogic, I stand corrected!! But I have an excuse - as with my whole life I was misled by others!!

I was going to do the two NAAS races but have a course to do in February now so might try either Trim or Schull along with NAAS in march.

Schull aka Fastnet not part of the NS now! It was my backup race so will have to have Trim or Naas #3 as backup now. Hopefully wont have to use them due to distance away from them and also the week before the NC in Ennis.

Why do organisers not want to be part of NS. Surely this would attract more people to their races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Why do organisers not want to be part of NS. Surely this would attract more people to their races.

Not everyone who puts on a race does so to maximise their profit.

Advertisement