Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 National Duathlon Series

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

One down two to go, really enjoyed Trim this morning ,well run operation and loads of marshalls and it was dry! Just waiting on times now. Naas next weekend scone time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Had a look at the trim results yesterday and i think there was
    not a single female participant under 30
    and the best male in between 20 -29 age bracket outside the top 30 overall .
    its a bit worrying to read this, as i think this is a trend, that multisport finds it harder to engage the 20-29 age groups.
    On the up side we are starting to see more male juniors racing, which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

peter kern wrote: »
    Had a look at the trim results yesterday and i think there was
    not a single female participant under 30
    and the best male in between 20 -29 age bracket outside the top 30 overall .
    its a bit worrying to read this, as i think this is a trend, that multisport finds it harder to engage the 20-29 age groups.
    On the up side we are starting to see more male juniors racing, which is good.

Be interested in the age profile across triathlon.

I think there is a natural gap in the middle now. Traditionally is has been an 'older' person's sport 30+ as most (Irish) move towards it after other sport endeavours in their youth.

With the youth development and surge in junior clubs especially in the last 2 years that gap will close up as more and more make triathlon their main sport through teenage years.

Long term it will be interesting to see if the current batch of 13-18 yr olds stay in triathlon when they hit their 30's

Well it's off to Ennis next weekend should be interesting never raced that distance before. Great day yesterday for Naas and some fantastic times posted. First 18/19 finishers came home in under the hour. One or two juniors in the mix also.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Well it's off to Ennis next weekend should be interesting never raced that distance before. Great day yesterday for Naas and some fantastic times posted. First 18/19 finishers came home in under the hour. One or two juniors in the mix also.

Great weather for it yesterday. Strange to race a duathlon in such nice weather!! Fastest time on the course for meself se delighted with yesterday's outing.

Ennis next week - distances neither here nor there but still will be a tough assignment. Hopefully weather plays ball. The cycle looks straight forward enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

From what I can put together these are the current standings based on last years points system. The points available for the NS final in Ennis are at the bottom of the page.
    If anyone would like to add or correct what I have missed out then please do so.

Ladies
    Heather foley 1400
    Loraine carey 1400
    Barbara Dunne 1347
    Geraldine Gill 1298.9
    Bronagh Adams 1295
    Sonia knox 1295
    Marie Boyle 1197.8
    Hannah shields 1108
    Claire Sullivan 1108
    Helen French 1025
    Siead hartnett 959.6

Mens
    John Greaney 1400
    Killian Heery 1400
    Barney McCullagh 1347
    Kevin Donagher 1347
    Michael Reilly 1298.9
    Gavin Corey 1246.4
    Steven Donnelly 1246.4
    Richard Doyle 1197.8
    Gerald Troy 1111.4
    Donal Mulligan 1108
    Eamon Mcandrew 1028
    Neil weir 992.5
    James cribbin 986.5
    Will Byrne 986.5
    Jason Travers 780.8
    Morgan Mchugh 726.6
    Philip Smith 668
    Conor smith 649.8

NS final points ( Remember points for NS races Start at 700 and are -7.5% for each place below whereas the final starts at 1000)
    1 1000
    2 925.0
    3 855.6
    4 791.5
    5 732.1
    6 677.2
    7 626.4
    8 579.4
    9 536.0
    10 495.8
    11 458.6
    12 424.2
    13 392.4
    14 362.9
    15 335.7
    16 310.5
    17 287.3
    18 265.7
    19 245.8
    20 227.3
    (-7.5%.....................)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Looking forward to Ennis this wknd coming. Few of us from Cork TC will be heading up. Will taper back on training this week as really felt last weeks training during yesterdays Duathlon in Clonakilty, was 4th heading into the cycle but legs died after awhile.

Moonfruit wrote: »
    From what I can put together these are the current standings based on last years points system. The points available for the NS final in Ennis are at the bottom of the page.
    If anyone would like to add or correct what I have missed out then please do so.

Ladies
    Heather Foley, 1600
    Loraine Carey, 1600
    Barbara Dunne, 1536
    Geraldine Gill, 1477.1
    Bronagh Adams, 1472
    Sonia knox, 1472
    Marie Boyle, 1354.2
    Hannah shields, 1246
    Claire Sullivan, 1246
    Helen French, 1146.2
    Sinead Hartnett, 1069.3

Mens
    John Greaney 1600
    Killian Heery 1600
    Barney McCullagh 1536
    Kevin Donagher 1536
    Michael Reilly 1477.1
    Gavin Corey 1413.1
    Steven Donnelly 1413.1
    Richard Doyle 1354.2
    Gerald Troy 1250.2
    Donal Mulligan 1246
    Eamon Mcandrew 1150
    James Cribbin 1100.4
    Will Byrne 1100.4
    Neil Weir 1108
    Jason Travers 856.9
    Morgan Mchugh 832.6
    Philip Smith 725.2
    Conor smith 704.7

NS final points ( Remember points for NS races Start at 800 and are -8% for each place below whereas the final starts at 1000)
    1st 1000
    2nd 920.0
    3rd 846.4
    4th 778.7
    5th 716.4
    6th 659.1
    7th 606.4
    8th 557.8
    9th 513.2
    10th 472.2
    11th 434.4
    12th 399.6
    13th 367.7
    14th 338.3
    (-8%.....................)

From Triathlon Ireland:

"Winners of the National Championships receive 1000 points, winners of any of the other 8 series races score 700 points for a win.

Points reduce by 7.5% for the first 20 finishers and by 4% thereafter. Males and Females are ranked separately with overall and age group rankings displayed and Non TI Members are excluded from the calculations."

Probably wont make much difference to the list.

Amended, Thanks Podge83

Weather not looking good for Ennis, lots of wind and rain :(

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Ennis/hour_by_hour_detailed.html

• Advertisement

Better pack the wet gear!

Weather is not pretty in Ennis this evening and not much improvement for the morning!

The wind was cruel, was coming from every direction! Happy enough with my performance, thou really need more time on the bike, was in 38th going into the Bike but finished 60th. Only about 5 passed on the out leg but then just trains passed on the return bike leg. PS I know the start to the gates was a no race zone going out, was it also coming back, as about 5 bikes passed me there?

Gotta love the wind! NOT tough going today but enjoyed it all.

I was tempted to talk about the weather before the race today but restrained myself. Its same for all.. But, good conditions suit some, bad conditions suit others. I didn't complain last week when the conditions suited me and won't this when they didn't. I must go and learn how to cope with wind!!!! Had a great race last week in Naas and not so good today.

One qualification on above - its a fooker when the wind blows your helmet away and you come back from the first run and its rolling around transition with the middle bits hanging out!!

Had the bizarre experience of passing out Aaron O'Brien (only because he was a lap ahead of me) who was limping badly at the time - hope he's ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Well done to Killian!

Duathlon National Series winners
    1 Heather Foley
    2 Loraine carey
    3 Sonia knox
    4 Bronagh Adams
    5 Barbara Dunne
    6 Geraldine Gill
    7 Marie Boyle
    8 Claire Sullivan
    9 Hannah shields
    10 Helen French

1 Killian Heery
    2 Richard Doyle
    3 Michael Reilly
    4 Barney McCullagh
    5 Kevin Donagher
    6 John Greaney
    7 Steven Donnelly
    8 Donal Mulligan
    9 Will Byrne
    10 Gerald Troy

Great series if it had been given a bit more attention from TI (lack of a series table etc)

Dam I didn't make the top ten! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Any idea when the official results will be published including AG breakdown? Its frustrating when results aren't available shortly after an event/series has finished. I think it takes away from the overall competition.

TI said current site cant cater for the Duathlon NS and hence it will be in the new site that will be launched in the coming weeks. Hopefully new site will be better as current one is shocking, nothing but inconsistencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Thanks ViperLogic. So we wait.....

I emailed TI last week for an update. As expected, no response!

Results finally posted, only took over 2months!!!

http://triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2298

Came 4th in category, so happy out :)

viperlogic wrote: »
    Results finally posted, only took over 2months!!!

http://triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2298

Came 4th in category, so happy out :)

Treat these with care. There are errors, some big enough. Some people missed off and NC results not counted for some but should be.

Pretty sure they messed up the points again:
    http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2345

Does anyone else agree or am I miss calculating scores?

Moonfruit wrote: »
    Pretty sure they messed up the points again:
    http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2345

Does anyone else agree or am I miss calculating scores?

It's beyond a joke now the quality of work produced by TI web team / content editors/submitters of what ever they call themselves. Hope this is not their full time job and they are not paid handsomely.

Advertisement