Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IAG bids for Aer Lingus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus call time on BHD-LGW service from end of current winter season.

Aer Lingus on 'the news' up north here implying that the beastly EU made them drop the service as part of the Gatwick slots redress, but I didn't think the slots to be freed had to be associated with Belfast or Dublin. They could have been from any IAG service into Gatwick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

arubex wrote: »
    Aer Lingus on 'the news' up north here implying that the beastly EU made them drop the service as part of the Gatwick slots redress, but I didn't think the slots to be freed had to be associated with Belfast or Dublin. They could have been from any IAG service into Gatwick.

Indeed any IAG carrier could of given them however LGW has been a very poor performer since it commenced and likely heavily loss making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

billie1b wrote: »
    Not EI related but rumour has it that supposedly FR are taking the BHD - LGW slots on a W rotation

If Easyjet can get their hands on the slots they will return to City to keep them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    If Easyjet can get their hands on the slots they will return to City to keep them out.

Very true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ImDave wrote: »

They've been itching to get us to spend our GC points lately!! I've been getting at least 2 emails a week trying to get me to spend my points!

Looks like they'll be basing your entry level on the amount you have spent in the preceding 12 months, which is great as I've spent a fortune in the last 12 months, and earned a ton of points in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Applicant balances not being transferred, didn't really expect they would but seeing as the lowest level is basically going to be what Applicant was there was always some chance.

L1011 wrote: »
    Applicant balances not being transferred, didn't really expect they would but seeing as the lowest level is basically going to be what Applicant was there was always some chance.

Not a great time for herself to be trying to get in so!!

Although, she is an applicant already, and starting this week, will be making a weekly trip to LHR for the foreseeable future, so hopefully she'll get the 2200 (has 200 from a trip 2 weeks ago)she needs to get into GC before Aerclub arrives.

as for me, 9,000 points in my account, might be a good time to get some Brown Thomas vouchers again..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

L1011 wrote: »

From the FAQ

Will my Gold Circle balance be transferred to AerClub?
    If you have Gold Circle tier status (ie. Gold, Prestige or Elite), you will have your closing account balances converted and credited into your new AerClub account as Avios points when AerClub launches.

Graham wrote: »
    From the FAQ

Will my Gold Circle balance be transferred to AerClub?
    If you have Gold Circle tier status (ie. Gold, Prestige or Elite), you will have your closing account balances converted and credited into your new AerClub account as Avios points when AerClub launches.

So, as L1011 rightly says, applicant points won't be transferred!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

So, as L1011 rightly says, applicant points won't be transferred!

Certainly looks like it.

Not a great time for herself to be trying to get in so!!

Although, she is an applicant already, and starting this week, will be making a weekly trip to LHR for the foreseeable future, so hopefully she'll get the 2200 (has 200 from a trip 2 weeks ago)she needs to get into GC before Aerclub arrives.

as for me, 9,000 points in my account, might be a good time to get some Brown Thomas vouchers again..

Do you think those already in applicant status who make the 2,400 requirement before AerClub arrives will gain entry? I've a friend who is 350 points off at the moment. Would be pretty sickening to lose all those points having come so close to gaining status.

Going back through my statements, since last May up to this Thursday (flying DUB-LHR tomorrow and back on Thursday), I'll have earned 2500 points, with at least another 400/600 to come before next spring, so hopefully that'll get me in somewhere decent. Thats assuming they take a look back over the previous 12 months next spring when the new club opens.

Going by now, 19th Nov 2014 to 19th Nov 2015, I've earned 3900 points, which would probably have put me at the same entry level as above, based on the current tier requirements (2400, 4800 etc..).

Do you think those already in applicant status who make the 2,400 requirement before AerClub arrives will gain entry? I've a friend who is 350 points off at the moment. Would be pretty sickening to lose all those points having come so close to gaining status.

You would hope not, as it would be a bit of a sickener, but I'd say it's very likely as unless your actually in the club, it don't mean crap!!
    Took me a good few years to get in, being so very close for so long!!

My advice would be (if affordable) would be a little weekend trip to Europe, followed by a day trip to the U.K., get in, get the status, and wait for Aerclub to roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Going back through my statements, since last May up to this Thursday (flying DUB-LHR tomorrow and back on Thursday), I'll have earned 2500 points, with at least another 400/600 to come before next spring, so hopefully that'll get me in somewhere decent. Thats assuming they take a look back over the previous 12 months next spring when the new club opens.

Going by now, 19th Nov 2014 to 19th Nov 2015, I've earned 3900 points, which would probably have put me at the same entry level as above, based on the current tier requirements (2400, 4800 etc..).

As long as none of those points were bonus points, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My advice would be (if affordable) would be a little weekend trip to Europe

Was (well, still is) in my plans, but due to flight times I ended up booking Norwegian instead :o. Somehow doubt I can get enough Gatwick football trips in around it

MJohnston wrote: »
    As long as none of those points were bonus points, of course.

no, all 100% legit GC points (I always book the plus fare), and haven't been to the U.S in about 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

Am I right in saying so that I can spend my GC points on Arnotts vouchers now for Xmas, and empty my GC balance, because when it migrates to AerClub it will be based on points gained, not current balance?

There's no danger here of getting in on the crappy level when it changes over is there?

Am I right in saying so that I can spend my GC points on Arnotts vouchers now for Xmas, and empty my GC balance, because when it migrates to AerClub it will be based on points gained, not current balance?

There's no danger here of getting in on the crappy level when it changes over is there?

Very interesting question, I think I'll enquire

From what I could decipher:
    • Gold Circle *points* will be converted to Avios.
    • Gold Circle *tiers* will be converted to AerClub tiers.

However it specifically says "you will be invited to join AerClub and moved across to an AerClub tier based on your activity in the preceding 12 months" so there's no definite way to say if they're simply converting tiers, or if they're doing something more opaque.

I think you'll be fine spending the GC points though, unless it'd be more valuable for you to combine them with an Avios balance (something I'm currently unsure about).

What I'm wondering is if we'll able to convert general Avios into AerClub Avios, as you can currently do with Avios and BA and Iberia.

Also, I hope this means Tesco Ireland start offering the same ability to convert your clubcard points into Avios as in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Shouldn't be an issue

I got moved up to Prestige level even though my balance showed only 3000, I had spent 4000 on an upgrade but had earned more than 4800 in the last 12 months

The rather basic IT knows points earned in last 12 months and thats what matters.

Aerclub will resolve this once and for all
    Tier points => status (can't be spent)
    Avios => currency for redemption

Shouldn't be an issue

I got moved up to Prestige level even though my balance showed only 3000, I had spent 4000 on an upgrade but had earned more than 4800 in the last 12 months

The rather basic IT knows points earned in last 12 months and thats what matters.

Aerclub will resolve this once and for all
    Tier points => status (can't be spent)
    Avios => currency for redemption

Hopefully AerClub will actually bring a useful way to track all this online too - the tier points were ridiculous, you'd have to email them to check how many weren't bonus points, and twice they "hadn't noticed" that I was due a level upgrade until I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Anyone any idea if BA executive club status will automatically be accepted with AerClub from next spring e.g. for lounge entry etc. Or will that have to wait until EI join oneworld?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Noxegon

You would hope not, as it would be a bit of a sickener, but I'd say it's very likely as unless your actually in the club, it don't mean crap!!
    Took me a good few years to get in, being so very close for so long!!

The email I got says that no new Gold Circle memberships will be accepted between now and the roll-out of AerClub. Whether that includes a level change from applicant is anyone's guess.

I guess that means that I'm going to lose the last few months of my Gold Circle benefits, which were due to expire in June. D'oh!

Separately, I wonder if there will be a way to consolidate existing Avios into the EI scheme. I have about 250,000 sitting in a BA card that I almost never use, and they'd certainly be more useful on the local airline.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I've just asked on the Facebook page, and have been told that it will NOT be possible to move Avios from a BA account to AerClub.

I've encouraged them to review that. Otherwise I'm going to have to decide which card to use, which seems a bit dumb.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Noxegon wrote: »
    I've just asked on the Facebook page, and have been told that it will NOT be possible to move Avios from a BA account to AerClub............ which seems a bit dumb.
    Very dumb IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Few bits worrying me. Currently at 7,700 points and closing in on the Elite level (8,400 points I think). Have a few European flights booked over the next month and then have a business class flight to the US just before Christmas.

This worries me a bit:
    If you are an existing Gold Circle member, you will be contacted by the end of November 2015 and invited to join AerClub. Once you have confirmed your membership to AerClub, you will receive regular emails from our loyalty team to keep you up to date with programme developments, information and new collection and redemption partners as they come on board.

I expect to make Elite in the next month and wondering if the above timelines will screw me.

Finally, I am wondering will I be able to avail of this as an Elite member still:
    4 complimentary upgrades*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Few bits worrying me. Currently at 7,700 points and closing in on the Elite level (8,400 points I think). Have a few European flights booked over the next month and then have a business class flight to the US just before Christmas.

This worries me a bit:

I expect to make Elite in the next month and wondering if the above timelines will screw me.

Finally, I am wondering will I be able to avail of this as an Elite member still:

I'm wondering the same as well. I'm 350 points away from finally getting off the ever so annoying applicant stage. I had thought about two UK trips in the new year to get me over the gap. I wonder how the points system will carry over into the new scheme.

I'm wondering the same as well. I'm 350 points away from finally getting off the ever so annoying applicant stage. I had thought about two UK trips in the new year to get me over the gap. I wonder how the points system will carry over into the new scheme.

You'll lose those points and effectively be starting from scratch in the new system if you remain at applicant stage. If I was you, I ring up Gold Circle tomorrow and ask if you get the additional 350 points in the next few weeks, will they give you GC status.

Worth trying as the alternative is losing your current balance completely.

• Advertisement

You'll lose those points and effectively be starting from scratch in the new system if you remain at applicant stage. If I was you, I ring up Gold Circle tomorrow and ask if you get the additional 350 points in the next few weeks, will they give you GC status.

Thanks for that heads up. Bloody wonderful. I shall do that.

Interesting post over on FlyerTalk about AerClub tier benefits and Avios rates. No mention of conversation rate from GC points however.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-gold-circle-club/1725365-wiki-aerclub-member-benefits-tier.html

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Interesting post over on FlyerTalk about AerClub tier benefits and Avios rates. No mention of conversation rate from GC points however.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-gold-circle-club/1725365-wiki-aerclub-member-benefits-tier.html

Assuming that they map the tiers like this:

Gold Circle Applicant -> AerClub Green
    Gold Circle Gold -> AerClub Silver
    Gold Circle Prestige -> AerClub Platinum
    Gold Circle Elite -> AerClub Concierge

... then we're going to see a lot more space in the lounges. There's a limit of 5 lounge accesses per year for GC Gold/AC Silver. No guest access either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

IRLConor wrote: »
    Assuming that they map the tiers like this:

Gold Circle Applicant -> AerClub Green
    Gold Circle Gold -> AerClub Silver
    Gold Circle Prestige -> AerClub Platinum
    Gold Circle Elite -> AerClub Concierge

... then we're going to see a lot more space in the lounges. There's a limit of 5 lounge accesses per year for GC Gold/AC Silver. No guest access either.

Paid access to AA lounges in the states happens,so presumably it will continue in EI lounges,so extra space might not be a given,plus you'll have AA pax
    Confusing titles on the tiers,where silver above is going to be OW ruby,platinum,Sapphire and concierge OW emerald
    Currently often one world Sapphire can easily be attained ex Dub on BA to the states in one trip for about €1400 in one J trip
    If you need to go to the states at least once in a year,you'd want to look at whether status is worth whatever spend its set at in the new AerClub

IRLConor wrote: »
    There's a limit of 5 lounge accesses per year for GC Gold/AC Silver. No guest access either.

Really?

I'm only gold and go into the lounge for every flight I take, probably about 20 flights already this year.
    And I bring a guest from time to time! (Last time was actually today)

Currently often one world Sapphire can easily be attained ex Dub on BA to the states in one trip for about €1400 in one J trip
    If you need to go to the states at least once in a year,you'd want to look at whether status is worth whatever spend its set at in the new AerClub

Yeah, it all depends on how they set the tier points.

At the moment I'm doing roughly 2 US & 5 EU trips per year. That's enough to just about maintain the lowest status in the current program. Given a very rough look at how BA does theirs, that would get me into the same tier as I'm in now depending on the blend of discounted vs full-fare tickets I'd be on.

• Advertisement

Really?

Well, according to the flyertalk thread linked above the benefits will be as follows:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-18%20at%2011.30.24_zpsvdvbwylr.jpg

That's pretty poor form if that's the case,

Fast track security & lounge access are the only worthwhile benefits of being a gold circle member!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

For current applicant, no change but can now can spend the points earned.
    For a current Gold its not different bar the loss of lounge access (well 5 per visits/year for free), but seat allocation finally formally confirmed in the program
    For a current Prestige we get 1 free upgrade, second bag free, reduced change fees (unclear if the though ticket LHR lounge rule is gone)
    For a current Elite zero change fees and partner lounge access

That's pretty poor form if that's the case,

Fast track security & lounge access are the only worthwhile benefits of being a gold circle member!!

They certainly are the only real benefits of GC as it stands, but that will hopefully change.

The 5 visit limit is a big shock from what you get at Gold level currently, but in fairness BA Silver doesn't get you any lounge access at all, and I think the tier structuring is very similar to BAEC.

One thing I was thinking however is that as EI offer paid lounge access at present, they may allow purchase of additional visits for AerClub Silver members at the lounge desk with Avios points. Or maybe that is wishful thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

They certainly are the only real benefits of GC as it stands, but that will hopefully change.

The 5 visit limit is a big shock from what you get at Gold level currently, but in fairness BA Silver doesn't get you any lounge access at all, and I think the tier structuring is very similar to BAEC.

One thing I was thinking however is that as EI offer paid lounge access at present, they may allow purchase of additional visits for AerClub Silver members at the lounge desk with Avios points. Or maybe that is wishful thinking!

Rubbish; BAEC Silver which is OW Sapphire gets full lounge access when flying on OW airlines and includes a guest. I suspect AerClub Silver will be OW Ruby which is BAEC Bronze which does not include lounge access. On that basis the AerClub 5 lounge access passes is beneficial albeit I suspect limited to EI lounges.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    Rubbish; BAEC Silver which is OW Sapphire gets full lounge access when flying on OW airlines and includes a guest. I suspect AerClub Silver will be OW Ruby which is BAEC Bronze which does not include lounge access. On that basis the AerClub 5 lounge access passes is beneficial albeit I suspect limited to EI lounges.

Meant to say BAEC Bronze vs AerClub Silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Has there been any indication on TP + Avios earning possibilities for BAEC members flying with Aer Lingus? Can we expect it to match earnings when flying with BA, AA or Iberia?

Meant to say BAEC Bronze vs AerClub Silver.

Fair enough; I guess confusion will reign with Green, Silver, Platinum and, the very naff, Concierge. Whoever decided on that tiring should be shot then fired.

Noxegon wrote: »
    The email I got says that no new Gold Circle memberships will be accepted between now and the roll-out of AerClub. Whether that includes a level change from applicant is anyone's guess.

I guess that means that I'm going to lose the last few months of my Gold Circle benefits, which were due to expire in June. D'oh!

Separately, I wonder if there will be a way to consolidate existing Avios into the EI scheme. I have about 250,000 sitting in a BA card that I almost never use, and they'd certainly be more useful on the local airline.

You can already use BA Aviosto buy EI tickets; use on DUB-BOS was particularly popular until recently.

Email back from Gold Circle today. Existing Applicant members won't lost their points.
    Thank you for your query in relation to applicant members being transferred across into AerClub.

Applicant members will not lose the Gold Circle Points they have already accrued.

With the launch of AerClub we will be awarding associated Tier Credits for Applicants against the volume of Gold Circle Points they have already accumulated. This will allow Applicant members to continue their progression to attain Silver member status.

This is to ensure that members have every opportunity to earn Gold Circle Points on flight bookings between now and Spring 2016, as the level of flight behaviour between now and the New Year may impact the Tier status they attain.

AerClub offers members two fundamental programme enhancements. We have extended our tier membership levels so that there will be now four membership tiers, Green, Silver, Prestige and Concierge - with the Top three tiers holding recognition status.

GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADU5YzA4MWQ1LWIwMzAtNGZhNS05NzYyLWM5ZmYwNTkwNzZjNQBGAAAAAAAEyzFeQb6lQofVjquNHn1oBwAZTTxSt%2B6oTp58wAdT326JAAAAAAEMAAAZTTxSt%2B6oTp58wAdT326JAABU1gZ3AAABEgAQAJtYnGxFwelCp6eB7Ofe7lk%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=_AVQ7OgO_0-mB38fEQq0cwDWy7cx9NIYh8O6v8UxyKJsizpVs8BLTD3moiROol7hU23UuMj05tY.

Each tier will have a unique combination of reward and recognition benefits, which may include priority check in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary upgrades and bonus points earning.

The tier status reached on AerClub will be based on travel on all Aer Lingus flights. The tier status reached will determine the level of tier membership benefits. This will recognise the most loyal and frequent Aer Lingus flyers as tier points will be awarded on the basis of frequency and spend with Aer Lingus over a 12-month period. A true rewards programme that rewards members.
    Thank you for your valued custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

dudara wrote: »
    I purchased it on a flight at the end of last year, to JFK, IIRC.

Overall, it was fine, but we did lose signal for 2-3 hours which was irritating.

It would be nice if it was a free perk for Gold Circle members

Gold Circle is being replaced by some third party program anyway (I'm a bit annoyed as I was nearly there with the points and none of them will carry over). But perhaps the new thing will cover it. Aer Lingus is very tight-lipped about it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've gotten an email about the new AerClub, but they're not sharing a lot of detail let about the levels. It will be based on Avios, the same system as British Airways. I have a bucket load of BA Avios plus I've held Gold Circle status continuously for about 6 years now, so I'm interested to see how it will all work.

IMO, Gold Circle doesn't currently give much other than priority boarding and lounge access, so I'm interested to see what the new programme will offer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Gold Circle is being replaced by some third party program anyway (I'm a bit annoyed as I was nearly there with the points and none of them will carry over). But perhaps the new thing will cover it. Aer Lingus is very tight-lipped about it so far.
    dudara wrote: »
    I've gotten an email about the new AerClub, but they're not sharing a lot of detail let about the levels. It will be based on Avios, the same system as British Airways. I have a bucket load of BA Avios plus I've held Gold Circle status continuously for about 6 years now, so I'm interested to see how it will all work.

IMO, Gold Circle doesn't currently give much other than priority boarding and lounge access, so I'm interested to see what the new programme will offer.
    Al GC members have now received emails about the new AerClub program which awards Avios.

TheWanderer posted this response from their customer team in the IAG thread: (emphasis is mine)
    Thank you for your query in relation to applicant members being transferred across into AerClub.

Applicant members will not lose the Gold Circle Points they have already accrued.

With the launch of AerClub we will be awarding associated Tier Credits for Applicants against the volume of Gold Circle Points they have already accumulated. This will allow Applicant members to continue their progression to attain Silver member status.

This is to ensure that members have every opportunity to earn Gold Circle Points on flight bookings between now and Spring 2016, as the level of flight behaviour between now and the New Year may impact the Tier status they attain.

AerClub offers members two fundamental programme enhancements. We have extended our tier membership levels so that there will be now four membership tiers, Green, Silver, Prestige and Concierge - with the Top three tiers holding recognition status.

GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADU5YzA4MWQ1LWIwMzAtNGZhNS05NzYyLWM5ZmYwNTkwNzZjNQBGAAAAAAAEyzFeQb6lQofVjquNHn1oBwAZTTxSt%2B6oTp58wAdT326JAAAAAAEMAAAZTTxSt%2B6oTp58wAdT326JAABU1gZ3AAABEgAQAJtYnGxFwelCp6eB7Ofe7lk%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=_AVQ7OgO_0-mB38fEQq0cwDWy7cx9NIYh8O6v8UxyKJsizpVs8BLTD3moiROol7hU23UuMj05tY.

Each tier will have a unique combination of reward and recognition benefits, which may include priority check in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary upgrades and bonus points earning.

The tier status reached on AerClub will be based on travel on all Aer Lingus flights. The tier status reached will determine the level of tier membership benefits. This will recognise the most loyal and frequent Aer Lingus flyers as tier points will be awarded on the basis of frequency and spend with Aer Lingus over a 12-month period. A true rewards programme that rewards members.
    Thank you for your valued custom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Personally I believe that Gold Circle awards/points should be taxed as "Benefit in Kind", same as a company car, free or subsidised accommodation or preferential loans, received from an employer.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Personally I believe that Gold Cirle awards/points should be taxed as "Benefit in Kind", same as a company car, etc.

They can't be as civil servants also get to keep theirs! The Revenue justification is that there is no "cost" to the employer which is generally untrue. Some airlines have pooling or other schemes to allow employers to recover some value from miles - see BA's OnBusiness programme.

Car parking spaces are also not subject to BIK for the same reason, ie there would be uproar amongst civil servants.

By the way, I am not engaging in PS bashing - just reflecting on the reality of the situation. I have benefited from miles and free parking more than most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement