Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy exotic meats in ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 actually!

you will, much less than other cuts but definitely enough to make a fillet taste fantastic

Ehhh... No. The perceived esteem that fillet is held in is due to the tenderness of the cut due to lack of use of the muscle. Marbling is what makes the distinction in quality between good and bad grades of other cuts such as strip loin, rib eye etc. Marbling is virtually non existent in nearly all fillet steak sold.

A buyer for a number of steak house chains in the US told me that the grade of fillet you get in a mid price restaurant is no different from what you get in an expensive restaurant. That's not the case with most other cuts where the cost is related to the grade of beef served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

actually! wrote: »
    Ehhh... No. The perceived esteem that fillet is held in is due to the tenderness of the cut due to lack of use of the muscle. Marbling is what makes the distinction in quality between good and bad grades of other cuts such as strip loin, rib eye etc. Marbling is virtually non existent in nearly all fillet steak sold.

A buyer for a number of steak house chains in the US told me that the grade of fillet you get in a mid price restaurant is no different from what you get in an expensive restaurant. That's not the case with most other cuts where the cost is related to the grade of beef served.

well, i definitely notice a taste difference with a bit of marbling. I do agree it is down the list in things that make a steak great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

actually! wrote: »

This!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

What about horse meat anyone know where to buy that

Advertisement