Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meter key question

Options
  • 18-12-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving out end of this month and I need to close my electric ireland account (take a new electric ireland account with gas connection in the new address).
    I do not have the meter key  to provide the meter readings; is there a specific one I should use?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Also, what is the process to add a night meter to the existing property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi suave.4u,

If you just require a generic trianglular meter-key that can be used to open any standard meter-box (electricity or gas) we can post one to you free of charge.

If you require a specific key for the door to a shed or cupboard housing the meters though, you would need to request this from the landlord/lady or letting agency/management company.

Once your account is closed for the address you are leaving, you can reopen it for your new address.

A customer who is interested in having a NightSaver (day/night meter) installed just needs to contact Electric Ireland for information on it and to request this if it's something they feel would benefit them.

The NightSaver (day/night meter) is free to install, but there is a fee to have it removed if the customer wishes to change back to a standard 24-hour meter. With the NightSaver, the day rate is higher than the standard 24-hour rate, and the night rate is lower (and comes into effect between 11pm and 8am this time of year; midnight and 9am in the summer).
    The night rate is 9.94 cent per unit, the day rate is 20.11 cent per unit (both include VAT @ 13.5%).
    The standard 24-hour rate is 18.83 cent per unit (including VAT).
    The standing charge for NightSaver urban is €191.64 per year; NightSaver rural – €242.64 per year (both incl. VAT).
    The standing charge for a 24-hour meter (urban) is €139.61 per year; rural – €186.13 per year (both incl. VAT).

(Above rates do not include any discounts that customer might sign up for).

The NightSaver is economically beneficial for customers whose main electricity usage is concentrated during the night-rate hours, for example those who have storage heaters.

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
    Una

Thank you Una.
    PM sent with address details.

Thank you Una, one more question.
    The new property has a Bord gais pre pay gas connection. I would like to take the electric ireland gas connection with direct debit.
    What is the process for this switch? Can I go ahead and take a dual electric ireland connection now?

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi suave.4u,

Thank you for the PM, we'll respond to your questions shortly in the same mail.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement