Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for Family Christmas dinner

Options
  • 18-12-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Friend of mine is in Dublin on Christmas Day with his two daughters (9 & 5) as his wife is in Hospital there. She can leave for a few hours to go somewhere for dinner. Any suggestions for a young family? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Never heard of any restaurants open on Christmas Day. Some hotels will cater for residents but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd say the nearest hotel restaurant would be a good bet. Anybody I've heard of that has had their family dinner out on Christmas day it's been a hotel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Places like the Shelbourne will do a Christmas Day lunch, but they are very pricey. I don't know if any of the Chinese or Korean places on Parnell Street plan on opening, but I'd say they would be the only chance of a non-Christmas day dinner at a reasonable price.

Bewleys in Ballsbridge also do a Christmas lunch. I don't know how worth your while it would be to email them and tell them the situation straight out and see what deal they would do for them.

It would seem like an ideal opportunity for a hotel chain to get some majorly good publicity. Perhaps by your posting here, someone might see that and do something for them. Lots of people read boards.ie.

Good luck and I hope your friend's wife is feeling better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Nice one spurious.

Unfortunately, the Shelbourne is marked as booked out on their website.

Bewleys: http://www.bewleyshotels.com/ballsbridge/christmas/christmas-breaks-and-christmas-day-lunch
    About €190 for the 3 of them from info on that page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

frankfinn wrote: »
    Friend of mine is in Dublin on Christmas Day with his two daughters (9 & 5) as his wife is in Hospital there. She can leave for a few hours to go somewhere for dinner. Any suggestions for a young family? Thanks.

As far as I know Chameleon Restaurant in Temple Bar opens Christmas Day ........ at least it used to, try ringing them to find out.

http://www.chameleonrestaurant.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 frankfinn

Thanks everyone for your tips. I am working all day Christmas, so will suggest to him to bring up whatever food etc he has and he can use my place, at least it will be a bit more homely. Just need to clean the place up now.lol.
    Thanks again!!!

Advertisement